Research survey for those with Type 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lis Warren

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A researcher from Kings College (London) is looking for individuals who have Type 2 diabetes to take part in an online survey on the effect of self-compassion (i.e. a mindful way of dealing with everyday experiences) on life of people with type 2 diabetes.
It's really important that more is done to explore how we, those living with diabetes, are affected by our feelings and emotions so that better support can be provided by the NHS.

Wonder if a 'Research opportunities and info' thread could be started, so as and when members find opportunities, they can post them? I know Diabetes UK has all their own clinical studies 'advertised' online, but there's always lots more posted on Facebook, inc some organised by tech companies that offer vouchers or even cash that's always useful!

Last edited by a moderator:
A researcher from Kings College (London) is looking for individuals who have Type 2 diabetes to take part in an online survey on the effect of self-compassion (i.e. a mindful way of dealing with everyday experiences) on life of people with type 2 diabetes.
It's really important that more is done to explore how we, those living with diabetes, are affected by our feelings and emotions so that better support can be provided by the NHS.

Wonder if a 'Research opportunities and info' thread could be started, so as and when members find opportunities, they can post them? I know Diabetes UK has all their own clinical studies 'advertised' online, but there's always lots more posted on Facebook, inc some organised by tech companies that offer vouchers or even cash that's always useful!
All requests to post research surveys, polls etc. on the forum have to be approved by Diabetes UK prior to posting (request can be made via the 'Contact Us' link on the bottom right of the Forum screen). Sorry, Lis, as this hasn't yet been approved I've had to remove the link from your thread.

OK, but the researcher, Aysenur Kilic, said in her email it had already gone on the DUK web site so I assumed it would be OK here (just put here as I've been told that there are many people with T2D who use the forum!)

OK, but the researcher, Aysenur Kilic, said in her email it had already gone on the DUK web site so I assumed it would be OK here (just put here as I've been told that there are many people with T2D who use the forum!)
In that case it's more than likely that she will get her request approved, as most do, but I can only approve those I have been told about. Not being obstructive! 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back