Research into experiences of COVID-19 and pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.

lloydmwood

Relationship to Diabetes
HCP/Researcher
Hello Diabetes UK forum members,

I am looking for participants
aged 18 – 80 years with Type 2 Diabetes to take part in a research study designed to explore the experiences of those living with diabetes during the COVID-19 pandemic.

This research aims to help understand how people with Type 2 diabetes have experienced living through the COVID-19 pandemic and the impact it may have had on seeking and accessing help and support. Furthermore, it hopes to look at the impact of government and social messaging relating to those with pre-existing conditions during the pandemic.

To Take part you must be:

• Aged between 18 – 80 years.
  • Diagnosed with T2D prior to March 2020.
  • Living in the UK

What will I be required to do?

You will be invited to have a conversation (of about an hour) with me about your experience of living through and, perhaps, acquiring COVID-19 alongside an existing diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes via an online video call.

You will receive a £20 gift voucher upon completion of the hour-long interview to thank you for your participation.

Your personal data will be kept confidential and will not be traceable to you. You can choose not to talk about anything you feel uncomfortable sharing and may stop participating without any explanation.

The project has been reviewed and approved by the University of East London Ethics Committee.

If you would like to take part, or would like more information, please contact:

Lloyd Wood (Trainee Clinical Psychologist) on u2075233@uel.ac.uk or via this forum.

“This study has been approved by Cherelle @cherelle DUK and Mike @everydayupsanddowns[/USER] DUK

Last edited:
Do you mean diagnosed with Type 2 since  before March 2020 (as that would be pre-existing) or are you looking for participants diagnosed during the covid period?

Last edited:
Do you mean diagnosed with Type 2 since  before March 2020 (as that would be pre-existing) or are you looking for participants diagnosed during the covid period?
Thank you so much for pointing this out. That's an error on my part! It should absolutely read BEFORE rather than since. I think it would be a really interesting piece of follow-up research to consider the experience of receiving a diagnosis during the pandemic. Many thanks again for pointing out my error. I appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back