Research into Dancers with Type 1 Diabetes

Anna.B

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi all, I'm a type 1 diabetic and ex-dancer perusing a postgraduate degree in Dance Science. I'm currently recruiting for my final research project: The Highs and Lows of Dancing with Type 1 Diabetes.

I'm looking for dancers with Type 1 who are willing to share their experiences - specifically dancers in vocational training, recent grads and professional dancers working within companies or on a freelance basis. This first-of-its-kind research aims to identify common experiences to create a foundation for practical support systems for dancers with T1D at all levels of dance performance and training. Participation involves a 1-1 interview about your thoughts and experiences on pursuing a career in dance with type 1 which can be carried out online over the next couple of weeks. I'm hoping this research will be a really positive step forward in bringing awareness and support to vocational and professional settings to allow more people to feel confident to continue dancing.

Please share with anyone who might be interested in taking part, contacting me on this thread or via the email in my poster.

I look forward to hearing from some of you!
Anna

This study has been approved by @Ieva DUK and is not affiliated with Diabetes UK.

Attachments

• Type 1 Diabetes in Dance Poster.png
    Type 1 Diabetes in Dance Poster.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 4
Hi! I have recently just graduated from dance college and have danced the majority of my life with t1d. I'd be more than happy to help you out and answer any questions if still available 🙂

Back