Replacement pump funding

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1dnc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
The four year anniversary of my pump was in January, and the warranty expired then. Roche have extended the warranty pending a replacement, but there is no sign yet as to CCG funding approval for the replacement. My clinic applied for funding for the replacement last August.

My DSN at the clinic has told me that she emailed the CCG last week with a reminder, and also told me that they are waiting approval for 21 other applications.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Grief!! No David - mine was a few months late (dunno why exactly) but despite the reminders coming up on it occasionally, the pump carried on working regardless as long as I needed it to. But - it was 5 years for me not 4.

However - lots of users and therefore their clinics - have had/are having too many probs with the Insight - and I've heard that at least one hospital D clinic (in Cornwall) are NOT impressed by Roche's handling of the queries/complaints and have therefore decided to transfer their custom to another manufacturer.

Whereabouts in the Septic Isle are you?

We are due for a new one in July and our medical team are already telling us to start looking at the options! Actually I wouldn't mind keeping the Combo for an extra few months because we love it, would have another one in a second if they still made them.
Our consultant has tried to dissuade us from having an Insight as they have had too many people with problems with them; although if we do throw caution to the wind and insist that that's the one we want then we'll still be allowed to have it.

Whereabouts in the Septic Isle are you?

My clinic is at the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds. The team there are excellent generally - very supportive and responsive.

Well have you rung the CCG to ask what the delay is? Dunno whether you could get anything out of them, but ours are forever asking for patients to participate in this that and the other - so they generally try and 'engage' with us - it's worth a try!

Hello David, I go to the WSH too! Although I don't have a pump (yet). Am having a first session about it next week to find out more. Not sure I fit the guidelines, but am keen to find out more. The DSN team at the west suffolk are great I think. 🙂

Well have you rung the CCG to ask what the delay is? Dunno whether you could get anything out of them, but ours are forever asking for patients to participate in this that and the other - so they generally try and 'engage' with us - it's worth a try!
I'm out of the country at the moment and have a clinic appointment next month. I'll take it up with them first and see what pressure, if any, I can put on the CCG.

Hello David, I go to the WSH too! Although I don't have a pump (yet). Am having a first session about it next week to find out more. Not sure I fit the guidelines, but am keen to find out more. The DSN team at the west suffolk are great I think. 🙂
Yes, I agree, the team are great. Good luck with your session next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back