Replacement for Diabetes UK "Tracker" iPhone app

Roger Slevin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have been using the Diabetes UK Tracker app on my iPhone for several years – but have now had a warning that it will not work on the next update of the iPhone operating system – and I understand that this app was withdrawn from the App Store in 2016.

A quick search of this Forum failed to find any recent posts about available apps – hence I am posting this request for the experience of others about apps that are currently available.

I am an insulin-and-tablets treated Type 2 diabetic, so my basic needs from an app are modest – noting blood sugar and basal / bolus insulin dosage at least four times a day, preferably with a way of also noting the injection site. Occasional recording of weight and other notes would be a bonus.

Can anyone recommend a suitable app – or recommend against an unsuitable one? Thanks

Roger

Welcome to the forum Roger Slevin. I hope that some app users will be along soon with suggestions for you.

Take a look at mySugr. Still using it after many many years. Free and subscription versions available.

Easy logging of lots of stuff, and note area(s) to record any other details you'd find handy. All of which are searchable.

I *think* myfitnesspal gets thumbs up from people who are looking to record their food intake, but I'm not sure what it offers for BG/insulin etc.

If on iOS, Apple Health allows logging of lots of stuff including BG, weight, etc.

I have been using the Diabetes UK Tracker app on my iPhone for several years – but have now had a warning that it will not work on the next update of the iPhone operating system – and I understand that this app was withdrawn from the App Store in 2016.

A quick search of this Forum failed to find any recent posts about available apps – hence I am posting this request for the experience of others about apps that are currently available.

I am an insulin-and-tablets treated Type 2 diabetic, so my basic needs from an app are modest – noting blood sugar and basal / bolus insulin dosage at least four times a day, preferably with a way of also noting the injection site. Occasional recording of weight and other notes would be a bonus.

Can anyone recommend a suitable app – or recommend against an unsuitable one? Thanks

Roger
I used to use it but on Android till the end of 2015 when I got the message there would be no more upgrades. I then asked on here and mySugr was recommended I have been using for 18 months, I use the free version. I find it much better and I like the fact I can access via phone, tablet, and laptop.

Back