replacement batteries for monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellbell84

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
afternoon

got a nano accucheck meter and the batteris are dying, i keep taking them out and putting them back in again but i was wondering can i get free replacement batteries or do i need to buy new ones, i know some companies are good at supplying test strips etc, so was wondering if it was the same with batteries?

any ideas?

Thanks!!!

hi hellbell is they a number to ring on the box you got the nano with ? if so ring them up and ask or alternitly do they have website , i know with mine i joined a friends for life thing abbotts do and all i do is order batteries, cables and solution and there here within 2 days , maybe you can see if they do the same thing

cheers steph!! will have a look on there tonight and give them a tinkle!!

thanks!!

xxx

cheers steph!! will have a look on there tonight and give them a tinkle!!

thanks!!

xxx

no probs hun
it's better then having to pay out if they send replacements out for free

afternoon

got a nano accucheck meter and the batteris are dying, i keep taking them out and putting them back in again but i was wondering can i get free replacement batteries or do i need to buy new ones, i know some companies are good at supplying test strips etc, so was wondering if it was the same with batteries?

any ideas?

Thanks!!!

There should be a careline number on the box your meter came in, or go to the Accu chek website - you can order them online (all free). You will have to register, so have the serial number of your meter to hand (usually on the back of the meter or on the box.)

Hi,

Batteries, solutions, lancet holders etc are all free, even after a while is a new meter - they simply want us to continue to use their test strips - and at the price they charge I wonder why?

Accu-chek are usually pretty good at sending batteries out but when you speak to them, suggest you remind them that the nano requires two batteries not just one

Accu-chek are usually pretty good at sending batteries out but when you speak to them, suggest you remind them that the nano requires two batteries not just one

Thanks Vanessa, didn't realise that! I've just been sent a free nano, but am using my ordinary aviva at the moment. Wonder why it needs 2? Perhaps because it's backlit so the Milly Moles can boogie down to the disco lights when we're all asleep? Sorry - been a long day...! :D

Found out about batteries when I was being nosy and prying back off just to see! They only sent me one spare when I ordered on line tho. Looks like my free nano arrived this morning whilst I was out so I'll pop down and pick that one up tomorrow. Then I'll have to play at setting it up with the gizmo that does the reports onto the computer - but that can wait until Sunday. At my middle-age too much excitement at one time could do me harm

Hi Vanessa,
I was thinking of buying one of those thingys to look at the results on the computer - can you let me know what you think of it? Thanks. 🙂Bev

Hi Bev - once I'd got it set up and understood how it works then even for someone like me who is not particularly strong on technology it is easy to use. I didn't have to ask my husband for any help for once but took a little perseverance for me to update the software for the nano via the accu-chek site

You can combine readings from different accu-chek meters which is handy and produce a whole range of reports for anything up to a 4-week period. Presents info as both graphs and tables which suits meand you can set your own limits for highs and lows as targets change. Easier to see trends than logging in a notebook - I think it was worth it

Hi Bev - once I'd got it set up and understood how it works then even for someone like me who is not particularly strong on technology it is easy to use. I didn't have to ask my husband for any help for once but took a little perseverance for me to update the software for the nano via the accu-chek site

You can combine readings from different accu-chek meters which is handy and produce a whole range of reports for anything up to a 4-week period. Presents info as both graphs and tables which suits meand you can set your own limits for highs and lows as targets change. Easier to see trends than logging in a notebook - I think it was worth it

What is the software called? I use the Accu Chek 'Compass' software - they sent it to me free, along with the infrared reading device. They confused me though, by sending a leaflet with the nanoabout some different software that costs money, so I'm not sure if the nano works with the Compass software - the nano isn't listed as a device. Will have to use the meter and see if it works tonight!

...have just checked and the nano works with the free software! Hurrah! 😉

Last edited:
Northerner - your so jammy! We didnt get any free software with the old meters or this one!:( Bev

Northerner - your so jammy! We didnt get any free software with the old meters or this one!:( Bev

I didn't have it originally. Just ring the careline and they'll send it to you, I'm pretty sure! Tell them I told you about it!🙂

I've got the Accu-chek Smart Pix gizmo

Ah! That's the one I got a leaflet for - about ?15? Perhaps they've discontinued the 'Compass' software and are now trying to make money. One thing I did notice when I got the Compass stuff was that the infrared device is a serial port attachment, not USB as you might expect these days. Thankfully for me I had a spare serial port but no spare USB!

Yep - offer price was ?14.99 I think. USB link so can use it on laptop or main computer - I'd have problems accessing the serial port on my PC as it is in a tight gap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back