Repeat Urine Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spangle0581

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
It’s been a long time since I have posted. Have to repeat a urine sample but unsure why ? Nurse says it’s not urgent but has to be repeated. It’s the one that goes to the lab . Any ideas ?? Thx for listening x

It’s been a long time since I have posted. Have to repeat a urine sample but unsure why ? Nurse says it’s not urgent but has to be repeated. It’s the one that goes to the lab . Any ideas ?? Thx for listening x
Do you have a urinary tract infection as they may be sending it to see which antibiotics would treat it best.
You could ask or look on the form which usually accompanies the sample.

Do you have a urinary tract infection as they may be sending it to see which antibiotics would treat it best.
You could ask or look on the form which usually accompanies the sample.
I am away at the moment . I do remember the last form had 3 letters after each other and I think it was to check for some form of bacteria

I am away at the moment . I do remember the last form had 3 letters after each other and I think it was to check for some form of bacteria
If your blood glucose is high then you will be more prone to UTIs or thrush so they may be checking for that.

Did you go to the doctors with a urine infection or was it a routine diabetes check urine sample ?
Nitrates and leukocytes are infection possibly protein and albumin/creatinine ratio kidney function, or GFR.

Did you go to the doctors with a urine infection or was it a routine diabetes check urine sample ?
Nitrates and leukocytes are infection possibly protein and albumin/creatinine ratio kidney function, or GFR.
It was for my annual routine diabetes check

It could be something simple like you supplied the sample in the wrong test tube. There are usually two different types of urine sample tube and one has a reagent in it I believe. I always have to double check when I go to collect the tube that I have selected the right one.
Really, we could probably guess all day and night what it might be. It could be something like the sample got broken in transit or spilled at the lab or someone made a mistake. Or perhaps there was a slight irregularity that they want to double check. Lots of possibilities but unlikely to be anything too concerning if it's not urgent.
When you submit the new sample, ask what the problem is/was.

It could be something simple like you supplied the sample in the wrong test tube. There are usually two different types of urine sample tube and one has a reagent in it I believe. I always have to double check when I go to collect the tube that I have selected the right one.
Really, we could probably guess all day and night what it might be. It could be something like the sample got broken in transit or spilled at the lab or someone made a mistake. Or perhaps there was a slight irregularity that they want to double check. Lots of possibilities but unlikely to be anything too concerning if it's not urgent.
When you submit the new sample, ask what the problem is/was.
Thanks Barbara . My health anxiety isn’t the best to be honest. One tube was a normal tube of that makes sense and the other was the more complicated one .

Thanks Barbara . My health anxiety isn’t the best to be honest. One tube was a normal tube of that makes sense and the other was the more complicated one .
When I worked in a path lab sometimes the samples would arrive having leaked or been delayed so had not arrived within the time needed for the tests to be done or as said in the wrong tube. We then had to contact the Dr for a repeat sample.

When I worked in a path lab sometimes the samples would arrive having leaked or been delayed so had not arrived within the time needed for the tests to be done or as said in the wrong tube. We then had to contact the Dr for a repeat sample.
Well I did drop it on Friday and wasn’t picked up until Monday x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back