Removing a Libre 2 sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfpipMarathon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I posted a while ago that I had purchased a libre 2 sensor but that I was having second thoughts

I haven't removed it yet although it's due to expire on Sunday 30th October @7.26am the time I applied and started it. I don't think I will be getting another. If I do I will not be posting asking questions about readings etc. I have realised after much thought that doing this wasn't really helping me just causing more conflicted emotions. Not the fault of those who replied. I know people were trying to help. I have realised that in future I have to do what is right for me.

Just want to thank everyone who responded to my posts.

You are right @HalfpipMarathon
We all have to find our own way of managing our Diabetes.
Sensors work well for some and not for others.

You know where we are if you have any other questions.

You are right @HalfpipMarathon
We all have to find our own way of managing our Diabetes.
Sensors work well for some and not for others.

You know where we are if you have any other questions.
Thank you. There was nothing wrong with the Libre 2. It helped me reduce my HbA1c by keeping an eye on my TIR but I need a break from it again. There was almost 2months between my last sensor and the current one. It was more how I felt each time I scanned. If it was a good reading under the 10 advised by Libre I was happy although I started to feel like a failure if it was over 8.5 the recommended level for 2hrs post meal.

When the latter became a more common feeling than the former I knew that it was time to say goodbye to Libre 2 for a while. I'm not sure how many type 2 diabetic people feel like I do. I just know how I feel and I am the only one can change how I feel.

H

we all need to use tech to support ourselves and not for any other purpose, so if it isnt working for you then quite right to give it a break. I sued to only use mine when I was feeling groggy or getting finger prick results that didnt make sense to me. It helped me understand (I think) that my levels rise just before i get an illenss or similar come out, so can be an good early warning system for me.

I do use it more often now, but not always, partially as I self fund, but it also helps me when i am in one of my 'self destructive' phases as I can use it to understand if I am still on the downward curve, or at the bottom and coming out of it.

but totally do whatever works for you.

Malc

we all need to use tech to support ourselves and not for any other purpose, so if it isnt working for you then quite right to give it a break. I sued to only use mine when I was feeling groggy or getting finger prick results that didnt make sense to me. It helped me understand (I think) that my levels rise just before i get an illenss or similar come out, so can be an good early warning system for me.

I do use it more often now, but not always, partially as I self fund, but it also helps me when i am in one of my 'self destructive' phases as I can use it to understand if I am still on the downward curve, or at the bottom and coming out of it.

but totally do whatever works for you.

Malc
Thank you. I self fund too.

I may purchase another sensor I may not.

Thank you. There was nothing wrong with the Libre 2. It helped me reduce my HbA1c by keeping an eye on my TIR but I need a break from it again. There was almost 2months between my last sensor and the current one. It was more how I felt each time I scanned. If it was a good reading under the 10 advised by Libre I was happy although I started to feel like a failure if it was over 8.5 the recommended level for 2hrs post meal.

When the latter became a more common feeling than the former I knew that it was time to say goodbye to Libre 2 for a while. I'm not sure how many type 2 diabetic people feel like I do. I just know how I feel and I am the only one can change how I feel.

H

Key is not to get disheartened when out of range, we can't get it right all of the time as we are only human not machines.

On bad days can be 50% in target others days 90% odd times 100%, you just roll with it & do your best mate.

H
My son is type 1 with a sensor. I have posted about his readings several times. I think I have trouble getting my head around what is normal for diabetes and what I think it should look like. I get that those readings can do your head in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back