Remission

Status
Not open for further replies.

mage 1

Has anyone Who has had diabetes for five years put it into remission and how

Thanks traveller have read this Just wondering if there’s anybody on the forum for has done it thank you you

Thanks traveller have read this Just wondering if there’s anybody on the forum for has done it thank you you
Yes, there are quite a few of us who have gone down the very low calorie route. They don't all stay after, hopefully that means it was successful, and they are no longer diabetic?

Thank you

@mage 1 - Do you mean folks who have lived with T2 diabetes for 5+ years, then managed to put their condition into remission?

Whilst Professor Taylor states best results for reversing T2 are within the earlier years after the onset, there are cases where individuals have achieved remission after longer period.

As my Hba1c was 91 at diagnosis I suspect that I had been diabetic for a long time - but was never tested despite what my GP surgery claims.
If you are concerned about claims that reversion needs to happen within a certain time, I'd not let that deter you from trying out at least low carb eating.
I managed to lose 50lb without even trying once I got my blood glucose down to normal levels - it just vanished away and I did not realise until my clothes began to fall off me.
Now I am quite used to being under 7 mmol/l after eating.
I do not eat 'normal' amounts of carbs because I never could. Eating over 50 gm of carbs a day means that it is looking back at me when I next step on the bathroom scales, and it takes ages for it to depart. It over excites insulin production I think, so I feel lethargic too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back