Remission

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhJoy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I was diagnosed at the be of October. My Hb1AC was high at 118 and I suspect I have had T2 for some time without realising. I would like to try and put my diabetes into remission but wonder if it is too late.
Have other people succeeded fro such a high starting point? How long does it take?

I was 89 at DX and normalised within about 6 months via weight loss. I've seen others here with similar outcomes from higher starting points.

Think that's reasonably common now that substantial weight loss is recognised as prime approach to management for most T2D's.

I was 88 when first diagnosed - the rest is in my signature😉

FYI - it’s never too late - even if Remission isn’t achieved - the benefits of any lower A1C far outweigh any drawbacks😉

I was 83 but managed to get it down to the 30s in three months. Only on one tablet now, and levels seem to be between 4 and 7 most of the time.

Not sure of its in remission/reversed, though. Suspect that the diet is keeping it under control and that I may have had it for quite some time and my beta cells may not be working as well as they should.

I was nearly as high as you and am now normal levels without medication so yes possible. Weight loss, exercise and low carbs are what worked for me. I can eat a little more normally now without drastic rises in my levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back