Remission three-year mark reached

Status
Not open for further replies.

childofthesea43

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just recording that I have managed to maintain HbA1c in range 38-42 for three years since prior T2 diagnosis at level of 74. Latest A1c a few days ago is 41. I know this is small beer compared with the better records of many here. My sole tactic has been maintenance of reduced weight by strict calorie regulation, as per the Taylor prescription. So, plodding on …

Just recording that I have managed to maintain HbA1c in range 38-42 for three years since prior T2 diagnosis at level of 74. Latest A1c a few days ago is 41. I know this is small beer compared with the better records of many here. My sole tactic has been maintenance of reduced weight by strict calorie regulation, as per the Taylor prescription. So, plodding on …
Great result, well done. I found getting there easier than staying there, but so far so good. I haven't tried upping my carb intake and am still averaging 130-something most days with the occasional peak up to 150g.

Great result, well done. I found getting there easier than staying there, but so far so good. I haven't tried upping my carb intake and am still averaging 130-something most days with the occasional peak up to 150g.
Thanks Martin. I have mixed sentiments about carbs as they apply to me, in that having found that my A1c does not respond to carbs reduction it appears that if my A1c were ever to drift upwards I would have no self-management levers left to me, I think.

Congratulations! Long may the remission continue 🙂

Just seeing this today. Congratulations, and there is nothing small about it. I'm just recently in remission and it doesn't happen by accident!

Just seeing this today. Congratulations, and there is nothing small about it. I'm just recently in remission and it doesn't happen by accident!
Thank you!

Congratulations on your three year anniversary. I'm trying to follow the same route as you to sustained remission (started 7 months ago) and like you it's working so far. You shared your experience with the Newcastle approach in a thread I started a few months ago and it was really encouraging to me as I came out of the very low calorie diet stage and back on to more sustainable eating. Here's to the next 3 years!

Congratulations on your three year anniversary. I'm trying to follow the same route as you to sustained remission (started 7 months ago) and like you it's working so far. You shared your experience with the Newcastle approach in a thread I started a few months ago and it was really encouraging to me as I came out of the very low calorie diet stage and back on to more sustainable eating. Here's to the next 3 years!
And well done to you, your figures are brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back