Remembering to take tablets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoneybun85

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi I am struggling to remember to take my tablets that I take and it’s really not helping my sugar levels my high blood pressure and my cholesterol? Has anybody got some hints and tips and how to get into a routine of it all?

I have mine in a 7 day box which I keep in the bathroom on the windowsill so it is in view so take each morning. Just as automatic as brushing your teeth.

Leadinglights beat me to it, but you can buy them in the chemists (or Amazon etc.) - boxes with the days of the week on and sort your tablets into that, some have multiple compartments for each day, so you can split the pills by morning/lunch/evening.
The other thing would be to set reminders on your phone each day to take your pills, but that might be a bit irritating.

I don’t have a pill box, so I just write the day on the blister pack film with a sharpie :rofl:

I also have a two-stage repeating alarm on my phone.

Since I’m now on 20+ tablets a day all with different timings etc too, I couldn’t keep track so I’ve downloaded the Medisafe app. I like it, it reminds me what I need to take when, reminds me if I don’t respond, notes the time I take it so that I can adjust later dose timings if I’m early or late etc.

Since I’m now on 20+ tablets a day all with different timings etc too
Eek! I'm on less than half a dozen and they're mostly one a day (with one twice a day), so I just rely on one that comes with days of the week printed on the bubble pack and morning and evening take out all of that occasion's pills and then take them.

If I end up needing to take more I'll need to come up with some more complex scheme, I guess.

TG I can take all my 5 a day in the morning! Only one has the days of the week printed on the bubble pack, originally in Spanish so yesterday said Do and todays was Lu. then there's stickers with the English translation. Shame really - Miercoles is a much more attractive word to say than Wednesday!

like others have said here, a 7 day pill box with morning and night sections.
mine come out individually so if I need to be out, can take them with me 🙂

apps sound like a good shout too 🙂

Eek! I'm on less than half a dozen and they're mostly one a day (with one twice a day), so I just rely on one that comes with days of the week printed on the bubble pack and morning and evening take out all of that occasion's pills and then take them.

If I end up needing to take more I'll need to come up with some more complex scheme, I guess.
I’m trying to cut back on the drugs but when a lot of them cause tiredness and being unwell caused brain fog I had no hope of keeping on track. I really like the app, the only thing is I haven’t worked out how to track medications I take adhoc. Eg it would have been good to have recorded the times I took ibuprofen yesterday to see if I could take some more before bed or not.

I have a pill box separated into the times of day which I fill at the start of the day AND an App that tells me which meds, when, and dosage. Absolutely essential as my memory is lousy, always has been.

I just rely on my memory at the moment but it’ll come to me I suppose. I do have my tablets where I need them. Two as soon as I wake so on bedside table, I take three different types of tablets with every meal so they’re in the kitchen along with my insulin. Three different tablets just before bed so again on bedside table! TBF I’ve been taking most of these for a long, long time so I think some of it is muscle memory.
It will come, like everything. I bet you don’t forget to clean your teeth or get washed. There will come a time when you will always remember your tablets. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back