Religion linked to BMI in obesity study

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
RELIGION has been linked to obesity in a recent analysis of social data by Australian researchers.

They found Christians had a higher body mass index - or were fatter - than non-Christians.

Dr Michael Kortt, of the Southern Cross University on the Gold Coast, and Professor Brian Dollery, of the University of New England, found the connection when analysing data from the federally-funded Household Income Labour Dynamics (HILDA) survey.

http://www.news.com.au/national/rel...in-obesity-study/story-fncynjr2-1226448701775

Crikey - them heathens must be skinny wretches then, my BMI is about 21 ISTR, and I'm a Methodist !

Good news for the Lions:D

Epidemiological study, so it's all about averages of poplulations, not individuals. Interesting idea, though, getting religious organisations involved in promoting healthy behaviour.

I heard that the obesity epidemic has been linked to the reduction of the penguin population in the south atlantic. 🙄

Andy 😎

I heard that the obesity epidemic has been linked to the reduction of the penguin population in the south atlantic. 🙄

Andy 😎

Is that caused by the increase in sales of deep fried penguins in Scotland😛

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back