Refused repeat medication

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahLuna

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have fallen out with GP and sadly, have put a formal complaint in. I was told by admin staff that I could not have Hospital car transport to hospital appointments, I had to pay for cabs. I am not well enough to travel by bus and I am on Universal credit and cannot afford cabs. I wrote to my GP in response to his staff's unhelpful suggestion and also asked him to cancel one appointment as I was not allowed to cancel it, he had to. A week ago I requested my trulicity 'injections' and checked with pharmacy and they have been refused a week ago. My GP has not informed me. I have none left now, need an injection next Friday. I am so angry......I know I can claim back trasvelling expenses but it is anominal level, for expenses and parking for a volunteer driver. Surely, my GP should have let me know it was refused...? thanks, feeling a bit low....

If you arent eligible for the patient transport system in your area then you’ll need to see if a friend can take you, or whether there are any volunteers that provide this sort of service in your local area.

Have you arranged a medication review to get the medication reauthorised? You usually need these after every 6-12 months depending on the item.

If you arent eligible for the patient transport system in your area then you’ll need to see if a friend can take you, or whether there are any volunteers that provide this sort of service in your local area.

Have you arranged a medication review to get the medication reauthorised? You usually need these after every 6-12 months depending on the item.
my friends work full time. I am looking into community groups, but as I say, reclaiming travelling expenses is not for the whole lot. This time next year I am in a better place financially and could do it then. I do not need medication reauthorised yet and they have not contacted me re this. I don't beleive they are allowed to just refuse because I have a formal complaint in.....

I know I can claim back trasvelling expenses but it is anominal level, for expenses and parking for a volunteer driver.
sorry I missed that you have a volunteer driver but that the amount reimbursed isn’t enough to cover their costs. How much is the volunteer driver charging you?

sorry I missed that you have a volunteer driver but that the amount reimbursed isn’t enough to cover their costs. How much is the volunteer driver charging you?
It is 45p a mile, reclaiming is 15p a mile and parking could be anything but I can only claim £2.00....its 12 miles to the hospital but the payment starts from the volunteer's home, so its hard to budget for...

There are strict rules for who can hospital transport and I suspect you do not qualify hence the refusal. An explanation should have been given.
Use the volunteer service and take your apt letter to the cashier/office and they will refund the travel expenses as long as you show a benefit letter and a chit to show how much the journey cost.

As to the prescription being denied can you order your meds on line? If so have a look and see why it was refused, it could just be an error.

It is 45p a mile, reclaiming is 15p a mile and parking could be anything but I can only claim £2.00....its 12 miles to the hospital but the payment starts from the volunteer's home, so its hard to budget for...
I think you have it wrong as the volunteer drivers have the full whack back the 15p per mile is for individuals who use their own cars.
I use the volunteer driver scheme and just take the ticket to the office and they refund the lot and it's about £45 at the moment due to distance of travel.

thank you, yes the rate refunded is far less than the amount paid. Going have to see what I can do. I have checked the GP website sand there is no mention of the cancelled prescription, which was for truclicity and one other item for my eyes, that will become urgent too. Thanks for advice,

Sorry to hear that you are having such a stressful time @SarahLuna

Hope you can get your prescription sorted out without too much hassle. I would hope that it’s just a coincidence that your prescription was refused after your complaint has gone in.

The idea of checking online to see if there’s a reason listed is a good one. My prescriptions come with a printout detailing my next review date.

thank you, yes the rate refunded is far less than the amount paid. Going have to see what I can do. I have checked the GP website sand there is no mention of the cancelled prescription, which was for truclicity and one other item for my eyes, that will become urgent too. Thanks for advice,
Please read my post again,
Volunteer driver schemes have the full cost refunded. I know as I use the scheme.

Try reordering your meds again if it shows as not issued.

I think you have it wrong as the volunteer drivers have the full whack back the 15p per mile is for individuals who use their own cars.
I use the volunteer driver scheme and just take the ticket to the office and they refund the lot and it's about £45 at the moment due to distance of travel.
yes you are right! The manager of the cashiers office sent me an info leaflet and it is says that on there. She told me in conversation I could only claim 15p. OK, so this is better. Thank you. I feel a bit easier although its a shame I am in this situation and the GP was not helpful. I worry now that if they have refused me diabetic medication, they are going to kick me out. I out in a new request for trulicity. Feel a little easier. Thank you Sue

Sorry to hear that you are having such a stressful time @SarahLuna

Hope you can get your prescription sorted out without too much hassle. I would hope that it’s just a coincidence that your prescription was refused after your complaint has gone in.

The idea of checking online to see if there’s a reason listed is a good one. My prescriptions come with a printout detailing my next review date.
Hi thanks for reply. I do not get a printout as its sent to Pharmacy2u. I need it delivered as I don't leave my home often, as I can't breathe when I walk.

Hi thanks for reply. I do not get a printout as its sent to Pharmacy2u. I need it delivered as I don't leave my home often, as I can't breathe when I walk.
Can you not see on line if it's been authorised? I can view my prescriptions, when ordered when due for review and also it says when to speak to GP.

Can you not see on line if it's been authorised? I can view my prescriptions, when ordered when due for review and also it says when to speak to GP.
there is no record of it. not in the history/prescriptions. I applied again. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back