Reduce highs by reducing lows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigeon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi there,

I'm chuffed as I've just downloaded my BG readings for the last month and things have got better...

I was in the ok range 53.8% of the time, too high 42.5% and too low 3.8%. My consultant said there were too many hypos, and that if I reduced the number of lows I'd reduce the highs as well, as the highs were caused by adrenaline and other hormones when hypo, or by eating too much to raise BG. So she said to lower my lantus, which seemed counter-intuitive when I had so many high readings.

BUT it's worked! The last week has been 64.3% ok, 33.3% high and 2.4% low. So I know it's only one week and it might not last, but I'm excited about the small improvement!

Excellent Pigeon! As you say, counter-intuitive, but it seems to be doing the job! I've got better results by far since reducing my lantus, although that might be something to do with experience and honeymoons...🙂 I'm about 65% 'in-range' too!🙂

excellent news pigeon well done you x

I dont know how big it is but would anyone be willing to send me the onetouch ultra software? you cant download it online, have to have it sent to you 🙄

It is online, but you have to search really hard, hang on, I'll try to find the link...

you guys are really tempting me to sort this downloading thing out, may give me some clues of how to tighten things up.

Aymes have you seen any changes since you recently started downloading your readings?

thanks aymes, I could only find the driver and it said you have to have the software sent in the post 🙄

I found my old cable so can have a look tonight 🙂 My results will be really bad due to the recent drunken highs, oops 😱

they are so useless! I tried downloading it but it just says error. no wonder they want to send it! lol

you guys are really tempting me to sort this downloading thing out, may give me some clues of how to tighten things up.

Aymes have you seen any changes since you recently started downloading your readings?

I've made a separate thread for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back