Red wine ingredient protects against heart disease and diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
How can this be news? I thought they'd known this for years! 🙄

An active ingredient in red wine could protect people at high risk from heart disease and diabetes, according to scientists.
Researchers from Maastricht University have discovered that an antioxidant found in red grapes can lower blood sugar levels and reduce blood pressure.
Known as resveratrol, the wonder substance which found in the skin of red grapes, is also thought to increase life expectancy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-red-wine-protect-heart-disease-diabetes.html

How can this be news? I thought they'd known this for years! 🙄

An active ingredient in red wine could protect people at high risk from heart disease and diabetes, according to scientists.
Researchers from Maastricht University have discovered that an antioxidant found in red grapes can lower blood sugar levels and reduce blood pressure.
Known as resveratrol, the wonder substance which found in the skin of red grapes, is also thought to increase life expectancy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-red-wine-protect-heart-disease-diabetes.html

This has been going for years, but it's no good to me, old news or up to date news, I don't drink 😉 Sheena ( but I do love red grapes ) :D

This has been going for years, but it's no good to me, old news or up to date news, I don't drink 😉 Sheena ( but I do love red grapes ) :D

It was featured in a Balance magazine in 1993 which suggested Bordeaux had the highest percentage of Resveraterol.

But then later some knocking copy suggested the amount of Resveraterol in powder form the rats in the experiment were fed with would be the equivalent of drinking 12 bottles of wine a day for a human.
You have to suspect stuff like this is being financed by Aussies to get rid of the Australian Wine Lake.

Same as the cinnamon thingy that was big in the 1990s - you would need a bucketful of the normal stuff we see to have any appreciable effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back