red marks

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyb11

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
hi,i was diagnosed with type2 diabetes earlier this year.ve got sort of a rash at the bottom of my legs .is this normal?is there anything to help get rid of it?thanks

When I was first diagnosed I had a rash on my legs. The doctor gave me a prescription for some fucibert (or something that sounds like it) cream which helped. It is a good idea to chat to your docotor, but the rash will probably subside as your sugars come down. If my sugar levels go too high I get the rash back again and it can be very itchy and uncomfortable for a few days.

hi there first welcome to the forum very one great here
i agree with caroline i get it too worth a wee trip to the docs to get it checked out and to get some cream to ease it 🙂
twinnie aka vickie

When I was first diagnosed I had a rash on my legs. The doctor gave me a prescription for some fucibert (or something that sounds like it) cream which helped. It is a good idea to chat to your docotor, but the rash will probably subside as your sugars come down. If my sugar levels go too high I get the rash back again and it can be very itchy and uncomfortable for a few days.
I used to get itching at the bottom of my right leg just above the ankle. It's yet another of those things that I never thought of as maybe being due to my diabetic condition - I thought it might have been related to eczema but there is no patch that is typical of that condition. However, I must say this itching seems to have disappeared now that I've got good control of my blood glucose levels.

Must admit I thought the rash was eczema or psoraisis related at first as there is both in my family. I have learned to be careful and work on keeping things under control.

Very often with high blood sugars going untreated for long periods of time you're quite prone to fungal infections.

Often simply cleared up with a cream or some pills from the docs.

With diabetes we need to watch and listen to our bodies more often and carefully, observing changes. Often a trip to see your GP isn't needed, your local pharmacist is a good source of information (well worth, in my opinion having just one pharmacy for all your prescriptions, then they know exactly what you have and can tell you any interactions etc), failing that the GP nurse is also a good person to decide if you need to see the doc or not.

I dont have a rash i have blotches that dry up and get a head on them, i have e45 cream for them and they do come and go .

My doc has given me Diprobase for a dry skin rash, which seems to help. E45 brings me out in spots.😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back