Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark HUTCH

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi All,
I have two glucose monitors that I wish to recycle rather than throw away - 1 unused
Does anyone know if any charities or similar take these. TIA Mark.

Hi All,
I have two glucose monitors that I wish to recycle rather than throw away - 1 unused
Does anyone know if any charities or similar take these. TIA Mark.
I think someone asked this a while ago and as I remember as they are regarded as medical devices charities are not allowed to take them.
Why do you not want to keep at least the unused one. If the other one does not work then you will have to bin it, take the battery out and put in your recycling.

Why do you not want to keep at least the unused one.
Obviously I do not know the case for the OP but, in the past, I have thrown out glucose meters even when barely used because they take different strips to my main meter. There is no point in having a meter which takes test strips that are going to go out of date before you need them.
I now ensure my spare meter takes the same strips.

If the meter is completely unused, your DSN may take to hand out to a new patient provided the strips are still available. And not too expensive.

Obviously I do not know the case for the OP but, in the past, I have thrown out glucose meters even when barely used because they take different strips to my main meter. There is no point in having a meter which takes test strips that are going to go out of date before you need them.
I now ensure my spare meter takes the same strips.

If the meter is completely unused, your DSN may take to hand out to a new patient provided the strips are still available. And not too expensive.
Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back