Recently diagnosed with type 2

Rosina

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello all, so much information to process but lots of support on this forum, so thank you

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Welcome to the forum @Rosina

How did your diagnosis come about? Any diabetes in your family? Did you have symptoms or did your diagnosis come out of the blue?

Have you been given a result for your HbA1c - this can help you understand where you are starting on the diabetes journey.

Usually it will be a number above 48mmol/mol, bit some forum members start in 3 figures.

Feel free to ask away with any questions you have :)

Rosina

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Welcome to the forum @Rosina

How did your diagnosis come about? Any diabetes in your family? Did you have symptoms or did your diagnosis come out of the blue?

Have you been given a result for your HbA1c - this can help you understand where you are starting on the diabetes journey.

Usually it will be a number above 48mmol/mol, bit some forum members start in 3 figures.

Feel free to ask away with any questions you have :)
Thank you for your reply - this site is really informative. I was genetically inclined to be diagnosed with type 2. My mother, her sister, my own sister we’re all diagnosed with type 2. I have been borderline for three years but was prescribed Metformin just before Christmas as my HbA1c has reached 48. I am on the lowest dose and am slowing changing my diet and lifestyle and yesterday, after fasting for 16 hours my b/s was 4.4 !

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hopefully a few slight adjustments to your menu will allow your body to cope better with your food and get your HbA1c back down again. Many members here are able to successfully manage their blood glucose by moderating their carb intake, or choosing the types and amounts that suit them best. Some have returned to ‘normal’ BG levels from starting with an A1c in 3 figures!

Good luck and let us know how you are getting on :)