Recent problems with levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteM2020

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just need to talk really. Got diagnosed with Type 1 in Feb/March 2020. Have had really good control of blood glucose using Levemir and Novorapid, combined with physical outdoor work. But for past few months I've been having to spend more time working from home dealing with the paperwork side of our business.

This has been fairly stressful and I'm actually getting cabin fever, while at the same time not wanting to get out the house nearly as much as I should. It's playing havoc with my glucose levels, and although I'm managing with all my insulin etc. I'm going through phases of wanting to just give it all up and dreading sticking needles in. This has come on quite quickly and it's making me grumpy with family, and is pretty depressing.

I know I'll get through ok, but wonder of anyone else has found themselves in a similar situation.

I'd say in answer to your last sentence - if any person who's had T1 for any length of time tells you 'No' - they're fibbing!

As I've aged, shedloads more often. That's no immediate help I know! But, being brutality honest about it - it doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as it used to, either.

Anyway - one way or t'other - we all 'get over it' at some point !

Thanks for sharing and being honest with us @PeteM2020

As @trophywench says, I think we all get this from time to time, to a greater or lesser degree.

Diabetes is relentless, fickle, frustrating, and does love to change the rules on us with annoying regularity.

Early in your diabetes ‘career’ it’s not at all uncommon for things to lurch and bobble along, particularly if you’ve had some of your remaining beta cells fading away, and some of your last homegrown insulin production has disappeared over the past couple of years.

I hope talking it through and ‘getting it out there’ begins to allow your mood to bounce back.

Keep talking to us! And keep being open with your family too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back