• People with diabetes are currently being contacted to receive the Covid-19 vaccine. Should you have any questions about how this might affect your blood sugar levels, then call our Helpline for support and information on managing your diabetes at this time.Updates: Coronavirus and diabetes
  • Are you currently doing less than 30 mins physical activity per week and would like support to help you move more? Get in touch with our Physical Activity Helpline here

Reassuring to see jobs like this advertised...

Amity Island

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
It's also a good opporunity for someone who has type 1 looking for work to help in a school environment.

Teaching assistant job to support child with type 1 diabetes.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
As she tries to recall the words of 'There are more questions than answers, seems the more you hear the less you see ......' though I know the tune OK .....

Seriously though - why the hell hasn't the school already got such a TA? Is this really the ONLY T1 pupil they've ever had, or what ????

But, at least, they're trying to make provision for special needs, so that is good.

Years ago when husband #1 was in hospital and one of the sons of the chap in the next bed had a geometry question he didn't know how to calculate the answer for and neither did dad Bob, #1 asked me if I could explain (having my O level Maths more recently than Bob) - and I could see the answer of how many degrees the angle was as could dad - but memory of the method to prove it had fled. They teach everything so differently now and even back then to when we were at school - so the diabetes wouldn't be any prob - but the lessons themselves would be a revelation!!!