Reasonably priced blood sugar/cholesterol tests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

turambar

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Hi all
I'm currently prediabetic after blood tests and a chat with the dietician at my GP surgery. I think I've done well since with my diet, weight and exercise and am keen to check my progress. However, I can't see any option to have blood sugar or cholesterol tests apart from ones that cost about £50. Any other options out there?

However, I can't see any option to have blood sugar or cholesterol tests apart from ones that cost about £50.
Worth asking at your GP surgery again. Maybe they'll agree that it's worth doing the tests?

Otherwise, I know there are occasionally free cholesterol tests in supermarkets and chemists but I've no idea how to find out whether there are any now. Not sure about HbA1c.

Hi all
I'm currently prediabetic after blood tests and a chat with the dietician at my GP surgery. I think I've done well since with my diet, weight and exercise and am keen to check my progress. However, I can't see any option to have blood sugar or cholesterol tests apart from ones that cost about £50. Any other options out there?

When were the last GP tests?

I was told to wait for cholesterol too as diet changes take a while for it to lower significantly, 3 months inbetween the tests so you dont become discouraged and think it isnt working 🙂

Let us know how you get in next month @turambar

Hope you are pleased with your results 🙂

What sort of dietary changes have you made?
Are you checking cholesterol for rising or falling?
My surgery were excellent, I was chasing cholesterol down, I told them the changes I was making, we tested regularly to make sure it was on track.

Hi all
Hello, I bought a testing kit online which is easy to use with a zip up wallet and instructions. I can also buy more blood glucose test strips and disposable blood lancets when they run out.
It's called a Sinocare Safe-Accu. 2 blood glucose monitoring system and is not that expensive.

Hello, I bought a testing kit online which is easy to use with a zip up wallet and instructions. I can also buy more blood glucose test strips and disposable blood lancets when they run out.
It's called a Sinocare Safe-Accu. 2 blood glucose monitoring system and is not that expensive.
I read it the poster was asking about private laboratory blood tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back