really poorly - don't know what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

recyclequeen

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone

I have been really poorly today, and my surgery are next to useless, i have written to the surgery telling them that i am unhappy with some of the staff there and the way they treat me when i am there (they talk to me like i am five)

i have had a violent headache today , its been similar to others that i have had, when i rang to see if i could get an appointment with my doctor i was told i would have to wait for at least two weeks, even when i told them what was wrong they still said i could not have an appointment for two weeks.

I am scared as i don't know what these headaches are, whether they are to do with my epilepsy or not, all i want is an appointment, and someone to tell me not to worry, i have decided to ring the surgery every day untill i get an appointment, or should i get the hubby to call out the on call doctor.

really not sure any advice

thanks angie

Call NHS Direct (Tel. 0845 4647) and ask for advice on how to relieve the pain. This will appear in your records and force the surgery to pay attention. In the meantime you will have got the help you need.

Recurring headaches should always be investigated. It may be something as simple as stress or eye strain (have you had an eye test recently?) or it could be allergies/migraine.

Whatever it is, I hope you feel better soon.

Last edited:
I hope you feel better soon. Call NHS Direct and ask them for advice, or if the headaches are realy bad get someone to take you to A&E where you will be seen by someone qualified.

As Alison says, it may be something as simple as eye strain or stress, so it is worth an eye test to rule that out.

Hope you are feeling better today angie. Did you ring NHS direct? Does your surgery offer a 'walk-in' appointment? Ours has a thing where you can go in and just wait for a doctor to come free, I think it is on two mornings a week. You shouldn't have to wait two weeks, especially when you have epilepsy and this may be related (how would the receptionist know?) Or is there an NHS Walk-In centre near you? At least you'd get to see someone.

Do you have an epilepsy support nurse? My husband has epilepsy and his nurse is really supportive. We don't tend to have any problems with our surgery but if we did I would always ring her and I'm sure she would sort! Not much use to you now I know, I hope you're getting some advice and feeling better but perhaps something to look in to?

hi guys

much better today thanks

i am going to ring my surgery again tommorrow and hopefully will get an appointment then, my surgery are that bad that i have lost faith in them a bit, but my doctor is good she is the only one i will see.

I have no epileptic nurse at the surgery, and my next appointment with the neurologist is in april, still waiting for my EEG appointment.

thanks for all the advice i will let you all know how i go

thanks angie

Hi Angie glad to hear your feeling alot better today,good luck with getting appointment x

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Hope all goes well with the doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back