Really chuffed best finger prick result since diagnosis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheilagh1958

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Really chuffed today just had my best finger prick result this evening since my diagnosis this morning before breakfast I was 13.5 and this evening before my dinner I was 7.5. Long may it continue.

Really chuffed today just had my best finger prick result this evening since my diagnosis this morning before breakfast I was 13.5 and this evening before my dinner I was 7.5. Long may it continue.

Brill news sheilagh! Hope it continues for you xx

Yay!!

A few short weeks and you are doing so well 🙂

Hope it continues for you, but don't be too hard on yourself if you have the odd blip. There's SO much to learn in the early days (and after 20 years too!)

M

It's sounding really positive. As your levels start to improve, be prepared for the odd blip though (I had several early on!).

But if you keep the exercise going regularly, you may find that your levels start to behave more consistently.

Fingers crossed eh?

Andy 🙂

Thank you everyone for your positive comments I am sure I will have lots of blips along the way and probably wont see 7.5 for a while again but it was just nice to see that my meter was capable of single figures:D

Think the difference is that I didn't have any carbs at lunch time .......just cottage cheese and salad.

Great stuff! The improvement in blood glucose levels is likely to come very quickly indeed if you are careful not to eat too much starchy carbohydrate.

Keep on going!

John

Well done Sheilagh 🙂 it really spurs you on when you can see the results in your blood sugars , your hard work is paying off🙂

Great news, you are going to all the right places.

Managed to get another single figure reading today. Started this morning with 13.5 (before breakfast) tested again before dinner this evening and 8.8.

All this hardwork is paying off🙂

well done ..remember tho slowly and surely ...your body may take time to adjust to these levels ...well done x🙂

Well done hun all good things and all that jazz xx

Managed to get another single figure reading today. Started this morning with 13.5 (before breakfast) tested again before dinner this evening and 8.8.

All this hardwork is paying off🙂
Just keep working at it! Believe me - the improvement is will come quite quickly in the beginning!

John

Lowest first thing in the morning reading of 10.9 since diagnosis:D

Brilliant hun keep this up and in know time you will be getting asingle figures, keep doing what your doing its working quite clearly x

That's still too high - keep on going! Lower results do come very quickly once you start to eat less carbohydrate.

John

That's still too high - keep on going! Lower results do come very quickly once you start to eat less carbohydrate.

John

Hi John

Thats the plan

Hopefully get figures like you eventually.:D

I think that you're doing really well Sheilagh.

So long as your readings continue to reduce as they have been doing, you'll be doing yourself a favour by reducing them slowly (from what I've been reading on other threads about issues occurring through reducing the levels too quickly).

Andy 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back