Real Ales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin62

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A question for all you Type 1 real ale drinkers.
I sometimes fancy a pint of real ale , would I have to do a bolus jab for it as it contains carbs ?
Martin

I think it depends on how alcohol affects you.
I find I can feel the effects after about 3 pints.
Therefore, I bolus for the first couple of pints but, if I drink any more, the effects of alcohol on my liver dumping glucose cancels out the carbs.

A question for all you Type 1 real ale drinkers.
I sometimes fancy a pint of real ale , would I have to do a bolus jab for it as it contains carbs ?
Martin
Not a type 1, but interesting I was just watching a video today about Keto diets, and apparently the best low-carb drinks are whiskey, gin, rum, and vodka. Perhaps, a Scotch on the Rocks would be easier?

Not a type 1, but interesting I was just watching a video today about Keto diets, and apparently the best low-carb drinks are whiskey, gin, rum, and vodka. Perhaps, a Scotch on the Rocks would be easier?

Why?
There is no reason a type 1 can't eat carbs.

I like real ale myself, that's one of the reasons why I made my choice not to low carb, it would hurt my lifestyle too much.

Why?
There is no reason a type 1 can't eat carbs.

I like real ale myself, that's one of the reasons why I made my choice not to low carb, it would hurt my lifestyle too much.
He might not need to bolus for whiskey as whiskey has no carbs.

Beer normally needs a Bolus as it contains carbs. Wine and spirits don't normally need any as they have alcohol rather than carbs.

Thank you all for your replies , I normally do drink gin , vodka and red wine , not all at the same time I hasten to add , but do enjoy the occasional real ale.

Thank you all for your replies , I normally do drink gin , vodka and red wine , not all at the same time I hasten to add , but do enjoy the occasional real ale.
Hi , sounds to me you have found a new cocktail!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back