readings

Status
Not open for further replies.

lo123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hi

ive been getting on fairly well lately with my readings. No more highs after breakfast if i don't eat bread. Dinner is usually ok when i take insulin 10-15 mins early. This evienng though - i guess i ate a good bit for my tea and now 2 hours later my blood is 12!! I find the only way i can control my diabetes is if i eat small amounts. Is anyone else like this?

I think it is easier to carb count on smaller amounts as if you're wrong the amount you are wrong by is smaller. I think I have been eating a lot less since I was diagnosed, and have lost weight!

It's a game and it's a pain!

Hope you get back down soon

Rossi.

I HATE DIABETES! Now its 14.2 even though i took 4 units of insulin to bring it down about 15 minutes ago. Looks like its back to small amounts again tomorrow :(

I HATE DIABETES! Now its 14.2 even though i took 4 units of insulin to bring it down about 15 minutes ago. Looks like its back to small amounts again tomorrow :(

4 units 15 mins ago, surely it'll take a wee bit longer?

Sorry you're feeling this way.

Sometimes when high at night I just go to bed hoping tomorrow will be better!

Hi. 15 minutes is possibly too short a time to register the insulin - mine peaks around 1-2 hours after injecting - so try not to worry too much.

i get stressed when its high and i usually take too much insulin to bring it down quickly. But as im going to bed soon i don't want to take too much to bring it down as i might get a hypo. so i guess il have to wait longer. Thanks for replys 🙂

its now coming down at 11.6 thank god. Yeah that pizza slice was nice but not worth this stress 🙂

completely agree that pizza is not worth it. i love pizza so much but i've discovered it messes my sugars up for hours. i'd rather avoid it to be honest. then again, i haven't experimented with thin crust...might give it a go. i just hate the few hours after pizza. grrr.

completely agree that pizza is not worth it. i love pizza so much but i've discovered it messes my sugars up for hours. i'd rather avoid it to be honest. then again, i haven't experimented with thin crust...might give it a go. i just hate the few hours after pizza. grrr.

Pizza I had was a thin crust :( But maybe the salad with LOTS of mayonnaise did it too. Or the one mouthful of cake!!!!! I guess I shouldn't be wondering why I had a high to be honost after what I ate. Time of month and cravings are a killer!!!!

I hope you are feeling better, yes the time of the month with cravings gets to me too.

That's why I had that battle with the Sugar Demon last week. But I won!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back