Reading 2hrs after eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's high - less than 8.5 is the target for us T2s, and between 4-7 fasting and pre-meal.

Did you test pre-meal, too? We aim to be no more than 3 higher after 2 hours.
No i didnt test pre-meal but will from now on thanks for the reply im going to have to get it down . Is it because of what i eat or lack of excercise. To burn it off

No i didnt test pre-meal but will from now on thanks for the reply im going to have to get it down . Is it because of what i eat or lack of excercise. To burn it off
Most impact on blood glucose is from what you eat, so I would suspect your meal was too carb heavy. Make good use of your monitor to learn what your body can tolerate.
What had you had for your meal?

I had 2small slices of bread toasted two boiled eggs and small fresh tomatoes cucumber onions salad and a cherry yogurt for afters

I had 2small slices of bread toasted two boiled eggs and small fresh tomatoes cucumber onions salad and a cherry yogurt for afters
Yes, check the TOTAL carbs in your bread and yoghurt, those flavoured low fat yoghurts are often staggeringly high in carbs.

I have managed to cut out a lot of the sweet stuff and crisp I was eating and I have lost about a stone , but when I look at recipes for diabetics , it involves rice, pulses and grains which I don't like

I have managed to cut out a lot of the sweet stuff and crisp I was eating and I have lost about a stone , but when I look at recipes for diabetics , it involves rice, pulses and grains which I don't like
Well i dont mind them but my doc said to keep off the pasta and rice so i dont have it as much ?well done on cutting out the junkfood and the weight

Many people avoid rice and grains and are careful with pulses and potatoes. Unless you are vegetarian then there are plenty of meals based on meat, fish, eggs and cheese with vegetables and salads.
Look for low carb or keto recipes. Don't forget Type 1 or Type 2 diabetics who take insulin will often have more carbs than Type 2 who are dietary managed or on oral meds.
Take a look at the thread what did you eat yesterday (in the food forum) and you will see people have a huge variety of meals.

Wow what a differance that is i will get the mrs on too it she works in sainsburys thanks for the tip .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back