Reactions to jabs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddie99

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello folks,

A few weeks ago I had my swine flu/seasonal flu jab. What I take to be the injection site is now red, raised and inflamed. Would it be worth the trip to occupational health on Monday?

Tom

Sounds like it needs checking out Tom, given that it was so long ago. My arm has been a little red and very itchy this week after having the jab last Saturday, but it has improved a lot now.

Funnily enough, at the time it was totally fine. I was a bit fluey for a few days but that's all over now. I'll go and get them to take a look.

Bizarrely I did a 2 day study at Kings this month on Immunisation and Vaccination and the lecturer said that a red injection site is actually a good thing. It shows that you body has responded to the vaccine and has naturally produced its own antibody response. The same thing that its also good news that you may get a little 'man flu' not long after having the vaccine. She said this was a healthy response.

Ive never produced either- and was rather disapointed when I heard this! Im abit of an antibody failure based on that....

However, if it is coming up as somethign that looks angry, red and pussy I would imagine it would be an infection and certainly worth getting an eye cast on it. Especially if you end up with a fever. Have you tried a couple of paracetamol, might knock the whole thing on the head?

my sister in law had the jab the other week and ended up with proper flu, with delirium and hallucinations etc. Awful

Anything you are worried about is worth getting checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back