Reaction to Insulin Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmP

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Is anyone else experiencing an allergic reaction to their Omnipod pump? I have really bad itching and have to change the pump every 24 hours. I have been given a spray….but this doesn’t seem to help.
Any suggestions please

Hi @EmP I use a pump but not the Omnipod. Where are you putting the pump - ie what part of the body? Are you putting it on just after a shower? What’s the spray called?

Is anyone else experiencing an allergic reaction to their Omnipod pump? I have really bad itching and have to change the pump every 24 hours. I have been given a spray….but this doesn’t seem to help.
Any suggestions please

Is itching just recent, have you been using pods for while now?

Been using pump for last 9 years, had occasional itchy one over time but theyve been few & far between tbh.

I use a different patch pump and have experienced a reaction to the glue they use,
I now use Hypafix tape under my pump and have been fine. I know some people use Tegaderm with their OmniPod but I find Hypafix tape cheaper and it works well for me.

I use a different patch pump and have experienced a reaction to the glue they use,
I now use Hypafix tape under my pump and have been fine. I know some people use Tegaderm with their OmniPod but I find Hypafix tape cheaper and it works well for me.
No personal experience but this would be my suggestion too. I hope you can find a solution.

Hi @EmP I use a pump but not the Omnipod. Where are you putting the pump - ie what part of the body? Are you putting it on just after a shower? What’s the spray called?
Hi. I’ve tried all over my abdomen and my buttocks. No I don’t put on directly after a shower.
The spray is called Sorbaderm.
Which pump do you use?

Have you tried antihistamines? I have to take these when i wear libre sensors to prevent the itching

Hi. I’ve tried all over my abdomen and my buttocks. No I don’t put on directly after a shower.
The spray is called Sorbaderm.
Which pump do you use?

I use the Dana RS 🙂 Have you tried your thigh? The skin is usually less sensitive there and doesn’t get hot in the same way the abdomen does. That can reduce itching. Another option is trying a different barrier spray or even a cream. Cavilon is popular. Finally, using something like Tegaderm as @helli mentioned might work.

I use the Dana RS 🙂 Have you tried your thigh? The skin is usually less sensitive there and doesn’t get hot in the same way the abdomen does. That can reduce itching. Another option is trying a different barrier spray or even a cream. Cavilon is popular. Finally, using something like Tegaderm as @helli mentioned might work.
Thank you so much for your reply. Will try my thigh next time I change it. Fingers crossed it’s better.

Thank you so much for your reply. Will try my thigh next time I change it. Fingers crossed it’s better.
The paper I linked to is really worth a look. I think it includes all the suggestions so far (just looking at the tables).

I just looked up Sorbaderm which is used to protect the skin from LIQUIDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back