Re help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jane01

Relationship to Diabetes
Carer/Partner
Hi it's Jane

I'm really at a loss my husband now stopped the dapagliflozin as it was making him itch got to pick a new med up this week

He's not eating much ,has no appetite , nausea, beltching I think depressed as well
Both me and the mother in law have concerns and have rung the gp and asked her to see my husband face to face got nowhere she rang him said the diabetic nurse will be in touch nothing yet

He looks so tired now and sleeps a lot yesterday I got a call from him he had been assaulted on the way to work he walks so slowly now I'm quite concerned about him what can I do he's not seen gp or diabetic nurse face to face at all please any advice I really am worried

I’m very sorry to hear your husband was assaulted - I hope he’s ok. Here’s your previous thread @Jane01

https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/threads/hi.105020/

From that, it looks like your husband doesn’t test his blood sugars at home. Yes, it’s a different measurement but both types of measurements are useful (think of it like inches and centimetres - both can be used to measure a room). It would help him if he did as he could then see the effect certain foods were having on him and adjust his diet accordingly. Diet is important as well as medication.

Do you know the name of the new medication he’s getting? Could you phone the surgery and ask when the nurse will call? Can you tell us a little bit about when and how he was diagnosed? Did he have symptoms? Is he overweight? What was his HbA1C at diagnosis?

I’m very sorry to hear your husband was assaulted - I hope he’s ok. Here’s your previous thread @Jane01

https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/threads/hi.105020/

From that, it looks like your husband doesn’t test his blood sugars at home. Yes, it’s a different measurement but both types of measurements are useful (think of it like inches and centimetres - both can be used to measure a room). It would help him if he did as he could then see the effect certain foods were having on him and adjust his diet accordingly. Diet is important as well as medication.

Do you know the name of the new medication he’s getting? Could you phone the surgery and ask when the nurse will call? Can you tell us a little bit about when and how he was diagnosed? Did he have symptoms? Is he overweight? What was his HbA1C at diagnosis?
You mentioned in your other thread the consultant had put you in charge so I would suggest you contact them as things are not going well and your husbands needs more help.
Did you implement any of the suggestions you received in the previous thread as testing his blood glucose at home would help to see what might be happening on a daily basis and account for the symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back