RE (EDITED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamHim

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Im gone.. Thanks for all the conversations and all that stuff. I wont be logging in again.

OK! That sounded far worse then it was supposed to, after reading @ColinUK messages and replies I had to come back and explain. My MH is aweful, so much changes and things going on inside my head I took the day to have time away, different departments, emails, texts, calls etc etc - I needed a day to chill-out.

Last edited:
Given the recent posts etc, is there anyway that @everydayupsanddowns or another mod can flag this up with the emergency services for a welfare check?
I’m not even sure if we know where he lives.

Im gone.. Thanks for all the conversations and all that stuff. I wont be logging in again.

Look after yourself and push for the MH health you need. I know it’s hard to have to push but you do need more support than you seem to be getting.

Given the recent posts etc, is there anyway that @everydayupsanddowns or another mod can flag this up with the emergency services for a welfare check?

Thanks @ColinUK

Diabetes UK, Josh and I, along with the DUK Safeguarding Team are in contact with IamHim and trying to offer as many options for help and support as we are able, including referral to and connection with local services.

He lives in Plymouth

Outlook South West​

Outlook South West offers mental health therapy for people aged 16 and above, suffering with stress, low mood and worry registered at a Cornwall GP practice. Within the service, there is also the Healthy Outlook team who work with people who have long-term health conditions. They are trained to help them with the mental health impacts of living with various physical conditions. The four illnesses they currently cover are: diabetes, cardiovascular problems, irritable bowel syndrome and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Telephone: 01208 871905

Talkworks​

Previously the Depression and Anxiety Service, Talkworks is a free, Devon-based, confidential, NHS talking therapy service for adults, offering effective treatments and therapies, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). Refer yourself via the website or call.
Telephone: 0300 555 3344

QWELL​

Quell offer free, safe and anonymous mental wellbeing support for adults across the UK. Online messaging; peer support; booked or drop-in chat; self-help coaching tools all safe, anonymous and confidential.

The Counselling Directory​

Find the right counsellor for your situation and location, plus useful articles to support counselling needs. Please be aware that most of those listed are private counsellors and charges will apply.

Recovery College​

Recovery College offer courses to people living in Cornwall who are experiencing mental ill health. These courses may help people identify and manage their mental health challenges, allowing clients to live the life they want.
Tel: 01872 308909

No idea if any of the above will help found the info on my GP's website.

I hope he reads this thread and sees that we care.

@ColinUK me too. He may well be looking in. Hope so. You are never alone but that's excactly what it feels like. Remaining positive can be a huge struggle. But we've made it this far. At the very least. I would also add that I have found that coming back to a problem again and again has eventually provided me with a solution.

Last edited:
I hope he reads this thread and sees that we care.
Yes , thinking of him, I feel so useless as nothing seems to help. I even feel I say things trying to help but made it worse. The team here are great. i hope he realises we are only human trying to help . Lets hope you get the help you need. On leaving here it will not help as so many know this time passes and there is better things to come.

Yes , thinking of him, I feel so useless as nothing seems to help. I even feel I say things trying to help but made it worse. The team here are great. i hope he realises we are only human trying to help . Lets hope you get the help you need. On leaving here it will not help as so many know this time passes and there is better things to come.
What you say today may make things worse but in time and in the near future your words may ring true and save someones life.

WOW!... OK, sorry I took the day away from my emails and here.. I am as you can see still alive. Although my MH isnt the best, I did read about a wellfare check and wouldnt blame you if you did. Lots going on inside my head.. I guess after everything and everyone's response id best stick around here ?

WOW!... OK, sorry I took the day away from my emails and here.. I am as you can see still alive. Although my MH isnt the best, I did read about a wellfare check and wouldnt blame you if you did. Lots going on inside my head.. I guess after everything and everyone's response id best stick around here ?
Glad you’re sticking around! Hopefully the responses have helped to show that we all care about you

Of course you’re still welcome @IamHim 🙂

We all care about you

I will only stay around if im still welcome ?
there’s a whole page of replies here of people concerned about you, wanting you to stay, and suggesting resources to look at to see if they can be of any support, and no replies saying you’re unwelcome, so I think it’s a fairly unanimous yes you’re welcome here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back