Ratio questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_G

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I know that people have different carb:insulin ratios at different times of the day but has anyone found they need different ratios for foods?

I just ask as yesterday for lunch i had a sandwich and apple (about 45g carbs) with my new carb ratio 1:20 injected 2 units and i was fine afterwards i dint go above 7mmols even with the spike! however today i had a bowl of cereal (special k) with milk which was around 45g carbs so again injected 2 units my pre-meal was 4.7 and i just checked my one hour spike and im now 10.1 😱😱

so maybe i have a different ratio for cereal? or should i just avoid it :(

D_G

x

2 hour after meal i am now back down to 5.8!

Hmmm so enough insulin then....did i just miss the spike?

i blame the special k. i was at 7.1 this morning a little high so i had 1 extra unit for correction + 4 units for a bowl of special K (ration 10g:1 unit) at lunch time i was at 12.0. i haven't done anything physical today as i'm not feeling well but still didn't expect such a high reading. so i say down with special k

it sounds as if you may have just missed the spike. could it be worth playing around with injecting say 20 mins before you eat (or something along those lines?) to see if you could iron out that spike? obv that's not medical advice, just a thought 🙂

If you've come back down ok I'd have said it's likely a timing rather than a ratio issue.

Have to say, a spike to 10 doesn't sound too bad for special k, I find it particularly 'spikey'!

Cool thanks guys,definatly a timing issue me think as i went back down after 🙂 will try injecting a little earlier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back