Ratio change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_G

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
need a little advice from all you lovely people 🙂

So i have been following a ratio of 1:20 for all meals which has been working fine and have most of the time come back into range 3-4 hours after eating, however i have been finding that when i have my dinner i dont......:(

Example tonight i had a chicken salad with a piece of toast just to add a little carb otherwise its not very filling, and then i had a choc ice afterwards. (bread = 18carb and choc ice = 19carb) so bolused my 2 units and four hours later i am still at 9.2 i havent returned to what i was before i ate (which was 6.x)

I am finding this happens alot lately do you think my ratio is off?

Might it be your levemir running out in the evening? I usually find the opposite - I need proportionately less for my evening meal and most for breakfast. Fickle diabetes! 😱

Might it be your levemir running out in the evening? I usually find the opposite - I need proportionately less for my evening meal and most for breakfast. Fickle diabetes! 😱

Oo i didnt think of that but i already split my levemir dose (12u am and 13u pm) ?? so how could it run out if i am injecting it in the evening? Grrr stupid diabetes!

I'm having to test basal myself at the mo as it seems like my overnight basal needs have dropped (hot weather maybe?) and I've been waking to fbgs around 3.5.

I believe it's fairly common for Levemir users to need different amounts morning and evening.

Varying bs levels seem a problem for quite a few people at the moment including myself. I take Lantus on an evening and Humalog with meals. I have been experiencing highs late afternoon and tea time. I've upped my Lantus by a couple but I'm still getting random highs even when I have taken extra Humalog. Its starting to bother me I've never had any such problems, I've been insulin controlled for 43 years without any major problems and my HBA1C at my annual review is below 7. Could the weather be affecting things:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back