Rash due to silhouette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnk

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hi folks,
Type 1 for 20years and been on the Medtronic pump for 3years. General health all good and levels about 6.8 for latest hb1cA.
For the last 2years I've been getting a sore, raised, itchy rash from the adesive of the silhouette. I use a barrier spray before use but after a day or two the site gets really itchy and raised. I'm not allergic to plasters and when I called Medtronic they had no solution and said this was something they've never had reported prior. I find that strange.

Does this happen to anyone else and any solutions to help this? Sites are on my quads and stomach.
Thanks all

John

Hi Welcome. Sorry I can't help. I'm sure someone will be along soon who can.

hi folks,
Type 1 for 20years and been on the Medtronic pump for 3years. General health all good and levels about 6.8 for latest hb1cA.
For the last 2years I've been getting a sore, raised, itchy rash from the adesive of the silhouette. I use a barrier spray before use but after a day or two the site gets really itchy and raised. I'm not allergic to plasters and when I called Medtronic they had no solution and said this was something they've never had reported prior. I find that strange.

Does this happen to anyone else and any solutions to help this? Sites are on my quads and stomach.
Thanks all

John
Medtronic are telling you porkies regarding people not reporting issues.
Simple solution is to either try a different barrier or use something like tegaderm sp* and place the cannula on top of it.

I had a similar problem, but not as bad, with the Roche cannulas and then with the Medtronic ones when I changed pump. I used Cavillon barrier spray for a while and that solved the problem. Now I don't use it and it seems fine. The human body is a very strange article.

Thanks for the reply, I'll try tegaderm sp as you suggested.
John

Medtronic are telling you porkies regarding people not reporting issues.
Simple solution is to either try a different barrier or use something like tegaderm sp* and place the cannula on top of it.

I use silouhettes too. Never had a problem as such but I'd do use bio oil on my old sites after showering in between which seems to really help with any dryness etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back