Rash after removing cannula

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBee

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,

I've been using a pump now for 2 months (and in love!!) but changing my site this morning I saw the skin, underneath where the plaster part had been, was a bit red. I left it thinking nothing of it but it's still quite red and a bit raised. I changed my site again today as it was in an uncomfortable spot and the skin is starting to get red where that's been to.

Any advice??

C

Some people suffer with the adhesives. I think you can get a barrier spray (Cavilon?) to help. Alternatively you could try a different set to see if it is particular to one type.

I 2nd the use of Cavilon spray 🙂

Be careful what you use to wash your skin at the infusion site before a set change. (My son uses aqueous cream and water, no harsh antiseptics). He's ok with his infusion set adhesive, but for sensors he has to rub some Cavilon cream where the adhesive will be going. Another thing that has worked for us in the past is to use a tegaderm dressing on the skin surface and fire the cannula through that (so the cannula adhesive doesn't come into contact with your actual skin). 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back