ranty rant rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
ok this is WIERD!

Just checked my sugars feeling super high...like epic thirst, mega sleepy etc.

WHY AM I FEELING SO ROUGH ON 12.9???????????????????????????????

I haven't been running low lately, in fact pretty much totally the opposite and I am getting SO FED UP OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't get this right. Whatever I do, I can't get it right. I lower my insulin on the adviceo f my DSN and I go high, i put it back to what it was, I run low. WHERE IS THE MIDDLE GROUND????????????

I dont want to phone her again because right now it seems like I'm always on the phone to her with something.

Why can't I get this right?!

I hope you are feeling better.

For my part (I'm on pills), if I am not feeling too well or am under stress my sugars are up and down. Sometimes it feels like just me against everyone else

Sorry you're feeling so rough. We have the same problem with Katie - she'd been high for ages so we upped insulin. Then she had a few days of mega hypos so we lowered it again. Then she was high again. We've just upped it again and had 2 good(ish) days. It's madness. Think we really need to go on 3 injections a day and do carb counting. Our DSN must be either on hol or ignoring our messages. Can't get hold of her. Grumble grumble!

hi sam sorry to hear you aint feeling so well, how are you today ? xx

Hi Sam , I hope you are feeling better today 🙂 how is work going at the moment ? is he still being a ******* ?

Hi Sam , I hope you are feeling better today 🙂 how is work going at the moment ? is he still being a ******* ?

Bit better today, woke to a 7.9 so slightly better. We shall see what happens later.

Work is work, alas. He is still being an a***, tried to tell me yesterday that my diabetes was all in my head........ 😱

Bit better today, woke to a 7.9 so slightly better. We shall see what happens later.

Work is work, alas. He is still being an a***, tried to tell me yesterday that my diabetes was all in my head........ 😱

presumably the man is jealous because he has nothing in his head, he wants to get a life...

Presumably his medical expertise is as good as his people and management skills? Has he heard of the Disability Discrimination Act? Perhpas you should start telling him that his idea that he is a manager is all in his head! 😉

What a complete and total **** !!!!! grrrrr I hate him 😡 Tell him that there is a whole forum full of people who have Diabetes "in their head " 😡
oooo Id love to meet him with a loaded pen in my hand air shot and ready to go lol 😉

Right I might go for a drive down south and give this so called "man" what for, grrrr!! anyone fancy giving me some backup?

Hope you're feeling less rough.

Right I might go for a drive down south and give this so called "man" what for, grrrr!! anyone fancy giving me some backup?

I'll join ya!

Seriously, I'm very impressed how calm you can be about it all, I'm a pretty mild mannered person but if someone, especially a boss, said something like that to me I would totally fly off the handle!

What a complete and total **** !!!!! grrrrr I hate him 😡 Tell him that there is a whole forum full of people who have Diabetes "in their head " 😡
oooo Id love to meet him with a loaded pen in my hand air shot and ready to go lol 😉

It's all because I mentioned in passing the issues I had been having with my GP refusing ketosticks andhe turned round and was like

oh, you presume that because there's something wrong with you you need to see you GP for everything and when things are suggested you presume you automatically need them. It's all up here *he jabs at his temple*

I tell him all about the dangers of ketones, what they can do, DKA etc. All he does is tut at me, "C never had any of these problems..."

yes, thats because C didn't give a dang about her diabetes. I want to be on the safe side, i do not need my boss giving me mouth over it

😡

Hope you're feeling less rough.

Oh I have pages and pages worth of stuff to tell my area manager when I next speak to him. But yesterday took the biscuit, and I actually stood my ground with this

'so what would you do if I ended up with exceptionally high blood sugars at work and went into DKA and you had to take me to the hospital? What would you do if I collapsed at work and went into a coma? What would you do then EH?!' or words to that extent.

It seemed to shut him up.

Slightly better today, thinking of upping my lantus by a couple of units cuz this has only happened since i went down to 14 units.

I'll join ya!

Seriously, I'm very impressed how calm you can be about it all, I'm a pretty mild mannered person but if someone, especially a boss, said something like that to me I would totally fly off the handle!

oh i wanted to really go for the jugular. But alas that would lose me my job. The area manager and HO know whats going on at least and are apparently very close to er...'terminating his contract'. I hope its sooner rather than later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back