1. Welcome to the Diabetes UK Forum
    Dismiss Notice

Rant

Discussion in 'General Messageboard' started by Viviennes, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Viviennes

Viviennes Member

Relationship to Diabetes:
    Type 2
    Perhaps I shouldn't rant, but the carers, or the office are driving me bonkers, and I'm feeling that I shall explode, there are coming in any time, mornings between 9 o clock and quarter to 11, back lunchtime 12_30 or 13.30, even 1400, teatime just the same,bedtime even worse, anytime between quarter past eight or quarter to 10, when I do my insulin, I feel very uncomfortable, and the carers say yuk, I don't seem to get any privacy, but always told there here for Colin, but where's my privacy to take my meds, BG and insulin, even the loo is out of bounds when the carers are here, am I'm being unreasonable, had some real problems with my diebectese of late, and noones listening, just think I'm on a rant. My BG is high between Hi and 24 .7

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  2. Ljc

Ljc Well-Known Member

Type 2
    Hello @Viviennes . You have every right to have a rant !
    I am sorry to hear you are having these problems.. I agree the carers should respect your need for privacy . . No you are not being unreasonable!
    I have no idea why they say or even think *yuk* when you do your insulin. TBH I would put in a complaint as it is obviously upsetting you and imo it really isn’t on, I am on insulin too and I would not be happy with professional carers behaving that way.

I know from experience how hard it can be when you are caring for a loved one , all the battles, red tape, having to keep repeating the same thing to various departments / people sure doesn’t make it easy does it.

Imo part of the problem is the office as they allocate when and where the carers go. My understanding is most don’t allow any or enough travel time between clients and sometimes not enough time with clients.
    If you get no joy sorting this out, if the care was originally arranged by social services then I would contact them as they do need to know (yes yet another phone call , sorry.)

3. ukjohn

ukjohn Well-Known Member

Type 2
    Don't blame the poor carers that are trying to do a good job (in most cases) of helping the sick and infirm. They are given a list of calls to make within a certain time allocated, now if the first three calls keep that carer an extra 10 minutes to help with something, that makes her 30 minutes late at the fourth call, or do you think she should have refused the extra help to keep on time. If you want to blame someone, then blame the Government on it's lack of Social Care funding.

4. Viviennes

Viviennes Member

Type 2
    Thank you for replying, I have asked diebectese UK, to take my rant off the forum as the more I think about it, I don't want to upset anyone in a similar position, myself too have had a stroke, which has left me with some issues, with my diebectese, asthma, stroke,and other issues,just making me low, as for the carers an accident waiting to happen,rushing around like idiots and the office not listening, with my husband times need to be set,not like it is all over the place. Once again thank you for reading my rant, means a lot to me

KARNAK likes this.
  5. Viviennes

Viviennes Member

Type 2
    I do understand what's being said, but cutting corners isn't the answer too, when the care package was put in place, we all spoke about timings, which may become a issue, no the answer was we could cope, if I was private things would be very different, but I contribute a fair wack, no I would never ask anyone to cut care for the old and poorly, in the same token I ask for some privacy, for myself, I could go on for ever, but we all have our opinions and I respect that, please don't think I'm a nasty person, I'm not, when I was well did a lot for charity, worked and looked after my husband on my own, things are different now,and I need help.

6. Ljc

Ljc Well-Known Member

Type 2
    I don’t think you are a nasty person, far from it. You are under a great deal of stress

7. KARNAK

KARNAK Well-Known Member

Type 1
    Oh @Viviennes rant as much as you need too, we are all here for you. Caring is such a difficult subject, we/I used to provide caring for my MIL but the time she was allotted never worked, try getting from Brixham to Paignton in the summer in ten minutes, no chance. We used to alter her clock so she wouldn't worry about the time, poor carers were always apologetic and even being a master auto technician, "me" found myself sorting steaming cars out whilst they saw to MIL. Don`t need too take the rant off we fully understand, you are definitely not a bad person and we appreciate your posts, can you advise us on which services are helping you, if you want to use your insulin and the loo do so they have no right to comment, I`m sure the loo is there for their benefit also, do not take your insulin or meds in the loo. Take care sweetie we are here for you, a special {{{HUG}}} to you and Colin.xxx