Random phone/Libre/xdrip question

Status
Not open for further replies.

C6H12O6

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Unfortunately hypobrain and covid conspired and ended up with me now being the proud owner of a barely working phone with a pretty spider's web for a screen 🙄:D. Ivs got another handset but does anyone know if I can transfer all the data from old to new without messing up my Libre? It's got 4 days to go so I don't know whether to hang on! Thank you 🙂

Libre sensors will only scan with the phone than it was started with unless you started with the reader.
Regarding xDrip, that may depend upon which method you use as I explained in your other thread.

Thank you, I suspected as much. I don't have a reader, just my phone so for the sake of a few days I think I'll hold out changing rather than risk losing a sensor!

Libre sensors will only scan with the phone than it was started with unless you started with the reader.
Actually if you get a new phone you can just log into your LibreLink on it and continue with an in use sensor, the alarms may not transfer but you can use with a different phone xx

Actually if you get a new phone you can just log into your LibreLink on it and continue with an in use sensor, the alarms may not transfer but you can use with a different phone
Have you actually tried it, or are you relying on the FAQ? I think I can read their answer in a way that doesn't allow what you're saying:

If you lose or change your phone, download the app again on a compatible phone and sign in with your account information. If you have an active Sensor and need to reinstall the app, when you sign into your existing account, you can continue using your active Sensor until the end of its useful life. You will not be able to view historical data in the new installation of the app, but this data will be available in LibreView​

(So, I could argue, you can sign in on the app on a different phone, full stop. If you need to reinstall the app (on the same phone) you can continue using an existing Sensor.

I don't know which is the correct reading because I've not tried it. I suspect the disappointing reading is more likely to be correct, though, because I presume this is all about NFC and Bluetooth connections which are likely not to be easily transferrable.)

I have changed phones a few times, or set them back to factory, and transferred the app database and continued with the same 90 days of data and current sensor. The phone has nothing to do with it (so long as it's android). I'd like to do this from android to iOS, but you know Apple...... Nothing's easy.

Anyway, "how?" I hear you say. Well it's a little techy but not difficult. You have to use a 'free' bit of software development tool called ADB. It's a suite of programs available form Windows, Mac and Linux. You connect the PC with a USB cable, fire up ADB, backup the app/database to the PC, put on the new phone and restore.

It really is that easy.

You will have to do a bit of googling to get the connection setup but it is quite straight forward.

Good luck.

I haven't tried myself but I know people who have done so, some phones that have smart switch etc may transfer the old data across but many just have to carry on using the same sensor with the new phone but the phone app starts a fresh data build but all still available on LibreView and will be doing it myself when I get around to using my new phone that's been here a couple of months, you can log into LibreLink on someone else's phone and scan a current sensor and then switch back to your own although it logs you out each time you switch and yes I have done that xx

That's all really useful, thank you all for your help and information. I'm fairly technologically confident (when someone else has done the hard work!) So I think I will wait until the sensor is a bit closer to finishing and then give everything a go. I've found a source from which to download ADB and I think I understood enough to follow the instructions and have a vague idea of how it's going to work. A useful piece of software to know about, thank you.

I'm also going to try scanning my next sensor with my wife's phone and see if we can get that to work as being able to use both phones is a really good back up.

Appreciate all the help:D:D

I'm also going to try scanning my next sensor with my wife's phone and see if we can get that to work as being able to use both phones is a really good back up.
It's a bit of a faff and I wouldn't unless you have to, nobody wants to be logging into their app on different phones all the time lol xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back