Ramipril

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClaireBear

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
.. I dont know if many of you take this drug for your blood pressure, but just wondered if anyone suffered the same symptoms as me? HAIR LOSS 😱 a couple of weeks ago, i had long flowing hair down my back - then all of a sudden i was getting big clumps in my hands - and i had to have it all cut off to my neck - its been a good few weeks now and im still heart broken :( I did consider lots of reasons why it could fall out, but all had answers - so i thought yes, its gotta be them silly drugs - which coincidently is saving my life also ...

Hi CLair. Welcome.

Sorry to hear of your hairloss. I've been taking Ramipril for about 5 years and am surprised at this.

Have you discussed it with your doctor ?

Is there anything else (drug/situation) that could have contributed ?

Rob

I told my DSN last week and even she was suprised - i looked into my diet - thats fine, i take multi-vitamins daily, and i exercise 4times a week - not overweight .....

so i just randomly thought, drugs - i googled ramipril & there were lots of info about hair loss .......... so thats how i got to my conclusion ......... Maybe im that 0.1% that suffer one of the severe symptoms? i dunno x

I told my DSN last week and even she was suprised - i looked into my diet - thats fine, i take multi-vitamins daily, and i exercise 4times a week - not overweight .....

so i just randomly thought, drugs - i googled ramipril & there were lots of info about hair loss .......... so thats how i got to my conclusion ......... Maybe im that 0.1% that suffer one of the severe symptoms? i dunno x

There might be another drug that the doctor can change you to Claire - I had bad side effects from ramipril (not hair loss though) and was changed to something called candesarten. Might be worth talking to your doctor as it could be something else, not related to the ramipril. I think thyroid problems can also cause hair loss and is something that Type1 diabetics often suffer from also as it is an auto immune disease.

There might be another drug that the doctor can change you to Claire - I had bad side effects from ramipril (not hair loss though) and was changed to something called candesarten. Might be worth talking to your doctor as it could be something else, not related to the ramipril. I think thyroid problems can also cause hair loss and is something that Type1 diabetics often suffer from also as it is an auto immune disease.

Yeahh, i think im bein changed to candesartan, but mainly for my kidneys so i dunno if they will add in a further ACE inhibitor to my collection ... Id have known by now if it was my thyroid as ive recently had the MOT check we all love 🙄 Thanks for the advice 😎

.. I dont know if many of you take this drug for your blood pressure, but just wondered if anyone suffered the same symptoms as me? HAIR LOSS 😱 a couple of weeks ago, i had long flowing hair down my back - then all of a sudden i was getting big clumps in my hands - and i had to have it all cut off to my neck - its been a good few weeks now and im still heart broken :( I did consider lots of reasons why it could fall out, but all had answers - so i thought yes, its gotta be them silly drugs - which coincidently is saving my life also ...

Welcome claireBear Thats a horible to happen to you, I don't know if it could be the tablets. My elderly dad takes Ramipril for blood pressure and I take it for my kidneys, and neither of us have had any side affects. I really hope you find a cause for the hair loss but I,m sure you look just as good with short hair. Take care Sheena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back