Rabbi loses 100lbs in a year by trading emotional eating for 'marathon addiction'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
An Orthodox Jewish rabbi has managed to lose 100lbs after his shock diagnosis of type 2 diabetes led him to finally take charge of his health.

Rabbi Pesach Sommer, a 42-year-old father-of-five based in Passaic, New Jersey, knew when he went for a health check-up in 2007 that he was overweight at 250lbs, but not that he had given himself diabetes as a result of his 'emotional eating.'

'It was my come-to-Jesus moment,' Rabbi Sommer told CNN, adding that his first move was to buy a stationary bike and pedal on it for an hour a day in front of the TV.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ding-emotional-eating-marathon-addiction.html

This reminded me of a job in N/cle in a jewish area I was doing. It was lunch time & I went to the shop nxt door which I thought was a spar type shop. I searched the shelves & all I could see was a pack of bread buns to make some sandwiches. The shop keeper looked at me walking up & down & asked what I was looking for. I told him ! "Oh just some sliced ham" 😱 His face ! It was a Jews deli. He said he would have to tell the Rabi 😉 No bait for me 🙂

The brickies & plasterers took the mickey out of me for months for that one :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back