Quick weight loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silkman_Bob

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Ok I know this sounds a daft question but I really need to lose as much weight as pos before weekend. I am at a wedding and i am dreading going because I feel fat and ugly. I have thought about water tablets / laxatives but dont know really.

I just want to feel as good as I can this weekend - its not something im planning to do long term, just until saturday.

I know this is not ideal but just wondered if u coud give me some advice so I can enjoy the day a bit more.

After this the normal conventional diet will begin I promise!

I have thought about water tablets / laxatives but dont know really.

I just want to feel as good as I can this weekend - its not something im planning to do long term, just until saturday.

You do this and you will make yourself so ill. Its not worth it believe me i had a friend go though this kind of behavior. Just go as you are and learn to accept yourself. If you need to lose weight consult with your GP about loosing it probably
Enjoy the weekend
gail

I have thought about water tablets / laxatives but dont know really.

You do this and you will make yourself so ill. Its not worth it believe me i had a friend go though this kind of behavior. Just go as you are and learn to accept yourself. If you need to lose weight consult with your GP about loosing it probably
Enjoy the weekend
gail

To be frank, I think I agree with Gail. Anything more than a 3-5lb loss in just four days is probably going to leave you in a mess by the weekend.

Andy

Hi i know this might not be the kind of help your looking for and i know exactly what you are going through,but even if it was acheivable i wouldent advice the routs you mention,i went to my brothers wedding last month and i felt the same as you do now but i realy dont know what i was worried about i got a new dress put my highest heels on hair and make up my daughter did for me and i felt like a million dollars thing is wear what you like and feel comfortable in and the rest will just fall into place and im sure you will have a great time,look at my profile pic and see how happy i look.
carole

Andy - maybe around 10 lbs

Would it be possible to splash out on a bespoke suit? A really good one will make you look a million dollars. Even an off the peg suit from a good shop should do the job if fitted right.

I just don't think that level of weight loss is going to do you any favours in the short or long term.

Andy

I hope this does not sound flippant here but how about a sauna sweat it out of you, it must be better then going down the laxative route, if you do chose to go the sauna route dont do it on an empty stomach it will knock you out..

Bob, do what the others have said and get some nice clothes - some that are not too tight. Then go and have a good hair cut, maybe a manicure and pamper yourself a bit. You could be really careful for a few days with food and cut out booze, drink lots of water. Even a couple of pounds off will make you feel better. I'm not sure about the sauna as I went to my health club yesterday and noticed a sign on the doors of both the sauna and steam rooms advising people wth diabetes and/or high blood pressure not to use them. Have a lovely time and don't worry as everyone will be looking at the bride!

I used to be a size 22/24 and i used to be really down about it ... the more i got down about it the more I ate ... I went through a serious illness that almost took my life 3 years ago and since then I've never ever looked back ... the more at one i was with myself the more i wanted to work on myself to look better ... I ate properly, cut out snacks and walked everywhere!!

What I had to realise however ... no one cared how big or small i was ... everyone just cared that i was happy!! My life completely changed for the better and the weight fell off me ... I'm now down to a size 12/14 and even tho I wasn't looking after my diabetes I'm getting that back on track now!! As i've said tho ... it's taken me 3 years!!

Weight loss isn't an instant thing ... it's something you have to work at ... I recommend finding happiness first however because that way you're more positive to get things done!!

I just wanted to add something else really quickly,your freinds and guests at the wedding will be used to you being you if there real friends they wont care how you look, so why feel shockingly sick and vile all day because you wanted quickweight loss and went down the wrong route...derisive makes a really good point about finding happiness within yourself first and foremost.

Not actual weight loss but the illusion of....my pre wedding routine is usually a fake tan (not too much!) and a clay body wrap, I find a body wrap done the day before tends to take a couple of inches off for the day!

Bob, do what the others have said and get some nice clothes - some that are not too tight. Then go and have a good hair cut, maybe a manicure and pamper yourself a bit. You could be really careful for a few days with food and cut out booze, drink lots of water. Even a couple of pounds off will make you feel better. I'm not sure about the sauna as I went to my health club yesterday and noticed a sign on the doors of both the sauna and steam rooms advising people wth diabetes and/or high blood pressure not to use them. Have a lovely time and don't worry as everyone will be looking at the bride!

I agree with Lizzie53................... all that she has suggested works for us ladies and maybe a little help from some support underwear :D

maybe do a little more exercise over the next few days since I have taken exercise up walking and my exercise bike I feel better ......................and who of thought i would ever of been saying that a few months ago🙂

I agree with Lizzie53................... all that she has suggested works for us ladies and maybe a little help from some support underwear :D

maybe do a little more exercise over the next few days since I have taken exercise up walking and my exercise bike I feel better ......................and who of thought i would ever of been saying that a few months ago🙂

Yep can't do with out the magic knickers:D

Oh Caroleann you have made me giggle! Do they do a man's version of magic knickers? I did see a very dodgy looking pair of enhancement pants advertised at M&S. I was tempted to buy him indoors a pair as a joke for xmas but thought better of it!:D

Just to add my two pennerth.

Some excellent suggestions. I was going to suggest the nice suit but Andy's beat me to it.🙂

The main thing is, never see 'quick' solutions as a fix or even as temporary. There are so many people who are hooked into laxative abuse and other dangerous practices.

If they want you to be there, they want you as you are, not as you think you 'should' be. You can change yourself from the inside out on a safe timescale. Once you feel positive enough, you'll be able to tackle some of the long term suggestions.

Wishing you the very best.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back