Quick Update On Nathan ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasha1

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi All ..

Just thought I would give up a quick update .. As some may know Nathan had his insulin changed last week form Lantus and NovaRapid .. To Hypurine Isophane and Neutral .. Well we are a week in .. and although results were'nt brill to start off with .. but I have to bear in mind he's had a massive reduction in both his original insulins. Over the past few days BG Levels have settled nicely .. today has been brill .. woke at 6.6 and not been over 9 at any point blood tested after meals and insulin .. he was 9 at lunch and 7.3 tea ... and still 7 now ..

We have been testing BG every hour and a half .. and Nathan has been a star .. never once complained .. from these readings we have found peak in BG and when the Neutral starts .. I'm so proud of Nathan.. because it has been a major upheaval in his routine and what he has known for the past 3+ years .. Thank you son .. 🙂

His body has not shown any signs of rejection of the new insulin ... and appetite has halved .. he has'nt even had anything to eat (snacks) in between meals, as is sometimes needed because of the peaks ..

Fingers crossed .. its all onwards and upwards (not BG) from here on in .. he even said he feels much better ..

Heidi
xx🙂

heidi and nathen that is great news !! nathen your a star like your mum !!! lets hope it continues this way xxxx🙂

Excellent news Heidi, I hope this really works well for Nathan. As you say, such an upheaval is bound to cause ups and downs, but he seems to be settling in to it so well 🙂 I would be very unsettled if I had to change insulins, so he has handled it extremely well!

Excellent news!!!!!! Do please keep us posted! Sending hugs. 🙂🙂

Good to hear - well done Mum and Nathan both

great news heidi an nathan well done. big hugs xxx

Fantastic Heidi and well done Nathan x

Thats great news Heidi, perhaps this new one is what he has needed all along. If his appetite has decreased this should help with resistance? Well done Nathan!🙂Bev x

Thats great he's doing well. Can I ask why he was changed - was there a problem with insulin resistance? I take it one of those is fast acting he still gets at mealtimes - excuse my ignorance - all I know is novorapid and levemir but I wonder if Ben may be changed at some point so interested to know more.

Heidi and Nathan, sounds brilliant. You have both worked very hard, I hope all goes well, keep us posted.

I'm to glad hear Nathan's change of insulins is working.

I didn't know there is a possibility of the body rejecting insulin. Is it a great risk Heidi?

Sounding great nath and heidi well done xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back