Quick question-re Hyper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi guys just need abit of help really i hypered about 25 minutes ago and my levels were 24.4 i had no symptoms and it really worries me, the only reason i tested was because it was my 2 hour mark test afer my lunch, i had tuna and salad cream with chopped spring onions for lunch in vogel bread with a bottle of lemon and lime sparkling water i cant decifer any major culprit there..Any ideas???

Might be worth washing your hands thoroughly and trying again Steffie - have you perhaps been preparing anything for the family that might have affected the reading?

Was the frink definately sugar/cho free?

Only reason i ask is i had something like that once, that said low cal, i presumed it was ok, but it wasnt it had cho in it.

ps it was m & s own brand if i remember right.

To combine Northerner's and Tracey's suggestions, I'd consider whether you could have tested with sugary drink on your fingers?

Personally, I'd suggest checking again before next meal, but not retest in meantime. I'd do different myself for T1D, but it makes sense for you as T2D.

Hiya Northey i sliced and diced some beef this morning but that was about 10 o clock since that i washed hands before work etc etc.Tracey it said 0.1% but hay ive threw the bottle now so can never be certain,cant think id get the drink on my fingers im usually not a sloppy drinker and i often open bottles with my teeth 🙂

Last edited:
I've fetched food packets from rubbish bins, bottles from recycling boxes many times....

might be worth double checking the drink, next time you see one in the shops? just in case.

It can be confusing sometimes, e.g polos are sugar free but contain cho, i do eat sugar free mints as i like to always have some in my work bag, but i have scoured all the packets and they all contain cho.

for example Extra Mints Ice are 98g cho per 100g weight. Im guessing probably 20ish cho per tube, so i only eat 1 or 2 mints daily, so no effect.

I think the drink i had was the same kind of thing, as some sweetners do contain cho. I wouldnt be surprised if it was this as you seem to have ruled out anything else?

Hi Steffie,
I wonder if, now that your anti-depressants are in your system are they raising your blood sugars? There are some who say they lower them and others have noticed a rise. Just a thought? I would keep testing and if this is a trend then you need to ask the Dr. to change them.
Hope this helps.
Maisie.

Hi Steffie,
I wonder if, now that your anti-depressants are in your system are they raising your blood sugars? There are some who say they lower them and others have noticed a rise. Just a thought? I would keep testing and if this is a trend then you need to ask the Dr. to change them.
Hope this helps.
Maisie.

never thought of that, good point

Thanks Maisie that never even entered my head, shall keep an eye on that one x

Hi Steffie

Yeah, your other drugs may be the culprits...I asumme you're still on the Byetta and Metformin(?). My BNF says that oral drugs should be taken 1 hour before or 4 hours after, or with a meal when you don't have Byetta, to make sure they don't interact. Curiously the only interaction i can see between MOAIs and Anti-diabetic drugs says it's more likely to cause hypos. If you want you can message me your meds and i'll look them up. Alternatively your local pharmacy or GP should be able to do that, since we all use the same book.

Rachel

Hi Steffie

Yeah, your other drugs may be the culprits...I asumme you're still on the Byetta and Metformin(?). My BNF says that oral drugs should be taken 1 hour before or 4 hours after, or with a meal when you don't have Byetta, to make sure they don't interact. Curiously the only interaction i can see between MOAIs and Anti-diabetic drugs says it's more likely to cause hypos. If you want you can message me your meds and i'll look them up. Alternatively your local pharmacy or GP should be able to do that, since we all use the same book.

Rachel

Hi rachel thank you i will PM you if thats ok.. yeah still on the met and byetta x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back