Quick question about feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaLou

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Ive been out the last two friday nights getting drunk and boogieing lol but afterwards ive had such sore feet. Ive never been one 4 heels but i make the effort when i go out and always have done. Since been diagnosed iv noticed my feet have been so bloomin sore after a night out. Should i expect this all the time or is just that im useless lol also ive noticed tingling in my legs more often than before is this due to diabetes. Wd be greatful for any replys thanks x

Ive been out the last two friday nights getting drunk and boogieing lol but afterwards ive had such sore feet. Ive never been one 4 heels but i make the effort when i go out and always have done. Since been diagnosed iv noticed my feet have been so bloomin sore after a night out. Should i expect this all the time or is just that im useless lol also ive noticed tingling in my legs more often than before is this due to diabetes. Wd be greatful for any replys thanks x

I was diagnosed 6 months ago and recently have had trouble with sore feet - toes in particular. They get very cold, and go numb after a run, but at other times they feel quite tender, like they had been grazed or I have rough sand in my socks. Someone on here suggested that, as you get control after diagnosis this can make the nerve endings more sensitive so you become aware of something that was previously hidden by the high sugars. Can anyone confirm this?

hi, i had a tingling warm sensation in my legs and doc said its diabetic neuropathy. does this help?

My toes really hurt after a Christmas shopping last minute traipse. They have only felt better today, two days later.
I think for many of us, sore/numb feet are par for the course.

feet

hi i have been diabetic for twenty five yrs type one and suffer bad from neuropathy so please be carefull as i get realy bad pains,you dont think about it when first diagnosed but it catches up with you so keep blood sugers in limit please.allan

I have always had difficult feet. There is a comamy I now use called cosy feet (has been advertised in Balance Magazine) where I get nice shoes from. I rarely wear high heels because I can't.

For as long as I can remember my feet have been very tickleish, and if I'm not carefull about the shoes I buy, my heels are rubbed raw.

northener- not sure if thats true but it sound slike it could be makes sense.

I think it would be highly unlikely that it's neuopathy since you were only diagnosed recently.

I would say a slong as you get your yearly feet check up then you are ok to continue to wear high heeled uncomfy shoes. Even with my diagnosed of neuopathy I still do on special occasions.

I think it would be highly unlikely that it's neuopathy since you were only diagnosed recently.

Thanks Nikki. I may have had high sugars for up to two years before diagnosis - that's when I started losing weight and (with hindsight, I now realise) started drinking for England. The DSN suggested that the fact that I did a lot of running probably made very efficient use of the declining levels of insulin produced by my pancreas, until everything came to a head 6 months ago, so the symptoms may have been less obvious. Consequently, I may have been a bit more like an undiagnosed Type 2 for a while.

Having said that, I had my feet checked about 3 months ago and there were no problems. I guess I'm probably a bit panicky because I love to run and that's not as easy if your feet get problems!

I would say a slong as you get your yearly feet check up then you are ok to continue to wear high heeled uncomfy shoes. Even with my diagnosed of neuopathy I still do on special occasions.

Agreed that you're unlikely to have neuropathy at this stage. Diabetes gives you other reasons to take care of your feet - it reduces your resistance to infections generally and can also damage the blood supply to your feet (I started seeing that a year or two after diagnosis). My GP advised me to check my feet regularly and bring any kind of infection (even athlete's foot) in for treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back