Quick query...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddie99

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi folks,

Just a quick query. my blood just now before doing my evening levemir has rocketed to 17.5. This was 14 before my tea and I'd included a corrective dose for that. I usually take my evening levemir at about nine these days but today I took it about twenty minutes late. In that time could my blood have shot up to that level due to a lack of insulin in my blood stream? Or was my carb counting this evening just total cr*p?

Tom

Hi Tom, I'm obviously different, but I often take my lantus up to 2 hours late and don't get those kinds of spikes - I wouldn't imagine 20 minutes would have that effect. Could be wrong though!

I did take my tea time Novorapid in my arm. That might have slowed things down significantly I guess. Could that be possible?

Tom

That said, today has been a day for anything and everything as far as bloods go. I managed a 1.8mmol/L this morning!

Could it be a bounceback from your low this morning?

When your body reacts to the low, but too late?

(I'm not sure whether this is an acutal proven thing?)

Hi Tom, I'm obviously different, but I often take my lantus up to 2 hours late and don't get those kinds of spikes - I wouldn't imagine 20 minutes would have that effect. Could be wrong though!

Not even I get a spike from taking my lantus late and I do it all the time 😉

I doubt it as that Tom.

I did take my tea time Novorapid in my arm. That might have slowed things down significantly I guess. Could that be possible?

Tom

I think this is more likely to be the case!

Do you do you arm much Tom? I've only done it a couple of times don't remember any differences. but I agree defo not to do with 20mins late lantus or Levemir.

Hope it settles down soon pal.

Take care, hope uni is as much as you hoped for.

Rossi

Thanks all for the suggestions. Last night was not pleasant as I woke up at about half midnuight with my blood at 2.7. Seems that my corrective dose was a bit hasty, getting the hypo munchies didn't hep my case either. I woke up this morning at 14.4 mmol/L. If only I'd had one piece of toast instead of three...

Uni is excellent Ross, great times down here in Brighton.

Tom, hope things settle for you today.

Glad uni life is good for you ! Not long until pump clinic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back