Quick - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Brownlow

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I forgot to take my long lasting Levimir insulin today and I'm 3 hours behind - what shall I do?

I forgot to take my long lasting Levimir insulin today and I'm 3 hours behind - what shall I do?

Hi Ron, I've taken mine late before - if it were me I'd just go ahead with the dose now and test myself regualarly. As it's the slow acting you might be a bit higher for a while, maybe compensate with a little extra fast acting at your next meal. You might want to take your next levemire a little late so that you get back into synch gradually with your 24 hour schedule.

Last edited:
How close are you to your next dose? If it is a long time before your next dose, you will probably be OK, but in the absence of more qualified help, you could phone NHS Direct. I hope things work out for you

Cool thanks - just needed a friendly voice there! Spoke to NHS direct as well thanks and they were very helpful and said I will be fine just keep an eye on my BG obviously. I was trying to change the time that I take it to later in the day anyway so this little hicup has helped that cause at least!

Cheers

Good news Ron, hope your Bg's stay steady. I take my Levimir as my night time jab just before bed, so it makes it easier not to forget (for me anyway).
I have my pens/needles/test kit in a plastic box on the kitchen top, and after my evening meal jab I put the Levimir pen and needle on top of it, so when I go for my last drink before bed I can't miss it. Idiots guide I know but it works for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back