Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile4loubie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
What range of mmol/L are you comfortable with your levels being? And how long have you been diabetic? Also what is your support like from your care team?

I'm interested in how peoples ideal changes the longer they have had diabetes and how good their control is. And what effects your care team have on your ideal.

Now I am pregnant I am happy with anything below 10 inbetween meals and below 7 before meals. (I know this is still not ideal). Before starting to ttc to be honest I was over the moon with anything under 7 and happy with anything below 13, as I had very rapidly fluctuating levels and readings in the 20s were not at all uncommon despite having an hba1c of 8.5.

To be honest the care team have had little affect on my ideal, I am more affected by the NICE and SIGN guidelines. I dont really have much faith in my care team.

(I hope none of them read what I put on here!!)

I like my bg's to be at 6 or 7 I'm comfortable with them at that level anything above 7 I get a bit annoyed at but I think that's still a hang over from being pregnant and having to be really strict with my levels. I've been diabetic for 2 years now. My care has been pretty good it started off really bad but has got better since then.
xxx

I forgot to say, I have been diabetic for 14 years. Diagnosed at 21.

diagnosed nearly 18months (still a kid😉)

Chin is up between 5 & 7

Slightly dipped at 4's and 7-9

definate unhappy chin(s) below 4 and over 9

Distinct moody sod over 12 and shakey stevens below 3.5

Hi Lou..

Ideally I like Nathan to be between 6 and 8 before meals ... No more than 10-11 at the 2 hrs after meals mark ... but what we get differs from day to day ... Even more so now Nathan's on the porcine ..

Heidi
xx🙂

between 5 - 8 and i am a happy bunny. i forgive myself if it's higher after eating and will correct anything over a 11 unless there's a good reason not to.

between 4 and 8 is what I was told upon diagnosis many moons ago when people were still travelling by horse and cart (LOL, I WISH! HA!). And 14 years, diagnosed in 1996 at age 8 when seriously...ideas were much different to now!

for me between 5 and 8 and im smiling.

I'm a non-insulin dependent Type 2 diagnosed over nine years ago and I aim for between 4 and 7 mmol/l at all times.

Moreover, I'm doing OK in achieving that target almost all times these days. I'm a very happy man!

Hi there

i am happy with anything between 4 and 7 found this out from this site as i had no guidelines from my surgery when i was diagnoised

diagnoised october 2009
and as you have probably guessed i have no confidence in my surgery or diabetic team, they offer me no advice or help. i have learned more from the guys on this site than i have from them

angie

I have only been diagnosed for 6 months now and i am happy with bg's of between 4 - 7 before meals and 7.8 or below 2 hrs post-meal and am unhappy with post-meal figures that go into double figures - hope this answers your question 🙂

oh and i forgot to mention that at the moment i am happy with my healthcare team, my DN is brilliant, she says that i must not hesitate to see her whenever i feel the need to and that we are lucky as patients to have a 6 monthly check at our practice as some practices do not offer this and only do reviews annually.

Im happy if my blood sugar is under 7 :D
I have been a diabetic for 21 years and I have grown up and been through a lot with my care team. They have always been there for me and I am pleased that I have seen the same consultant/nurse/dietitian for the majority of the time I have been a diabetic (it makes things easier when your team really know you) I dont think I could fault their care if i tried :D
I see them every 6 months but if I wanted to I could request 3 monthly appointments. I find it reassuring that I can phone in if I have a problem and can be seen the same day by the nurse and consultant, I feel they are more relliable than my own gp and definately get the feeling that they care more than he does haha 🙄

I've had diabetes for 10 years and want to be between 5-7 I don't tend to post meals readings at the moment but wouldn't want to be in double figures.

My team are very good, If I need them I can call or email and my DSN will contact me back by the next day. Even though I usually say on my messages, that it's not urgent. My consultant is great and will see me if I'm having problems and has even seen me when she didnn't have a clinic running.

Im happy with anything between 5 and 9.
ATM, i get annoyed with anything over 12 (prob the high sugars fault TBH.)
I'd be happy to sit around the 5.5-7 mark, although, poss ttc in near future so trying to control better now...

Been diagnosed 5 1/2 years now, and having grown up around 2 diabetics, i was telling the nurses what was good bad ect. (also shocked them by beening a 15yr old who new the correct way to draw up a sringe....)

Thanks everyone, I'm sure that if my care team had been better and more consistent and actually taught me stuff instead of expecting me to know it all my levels would have been better earlier. Im thinking about complaining about my last one if Im honest.

Very high readings

My son was diagnosed 10 years ago when he was 4 and is now finding it very difficult to cope. His sugar levels are rarely below 6. Does anyone have any advice as he is finding it very difficult to talk to me being non-diabetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back