Question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

karinagal

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've been in denial for the last couple of months, back on track again with seemingly little negative impact on my fasting bloods and weight.. However, I've noticed recently that I get intermittent tingling in the fingers of my hands. Usually only one hand at a time but so far both have been affected. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this - no specific circumstances leading to it like touching something, doing something..

Is this likely to be diabetes related or do I have to look at some sort of contact allergy? My fingers sometimes go reddish and get itchy when the tingling happens. It goes on for a few minutes and then goes away!

Weird, huh?

Best advice................doctors.............

If your diabetic the risk that it could be related is there, so in my opinion enough to warrant a visit to the surgery......

So its only in fingers and hands yeah? no toes ?

id say go to your gp either way .x

Are you able to test on these occasions? Some people find that they suffer from a form of transient neuropathy if their levels are high, which can manifest itself as either tingling, pins and needles, numbness or a sharp stabbing pain (good old, consistent, diabetes!). This can also occur when your levels are improving from a period of being high as the nerve endings can become more sensitive. I get this from time to time, mostly in my toes, and particularly in the first few months after diagnosis, but it has mostly disappeared.

As NRB says, best to get the cause confirmed or refuted by a medical professional who may be able to perform some tests and reassure you. 🙂

There are a few reasons why your fingers might be tingling like a trapped nerve, caarpel tunnel syndrome, transient neuropathy or high blood sugars. All are treatable but you do need to see a doctor so that you getthe right treatment.

Thanks guys'n'gals! I have an appmnt with doc for an unrelated matter next week so will raise it then. I have confirmed carpal tunnel syndrome, worse in the right hand due to lymphoedema. When this first started, I only noticed it in the right hand so presumed it was linked to that. Then in the last day or two it seems to have moved to the left hand!! I've not had any problems with my feet, thankfully.

Last night it came on when I was driving the short distance from work to home.

I'll let you know what the doc says!

Thanks again

Karina

I'm glad you have a docs appointment, let us know how you get on, good luck.

Thanks guys'n'gals! I have an appmnt with doc for an unrelated matter next week so will raise it then. I have confirmed carpal tunnel syndrome, worse in the right hand due to lymphoedema. When this first started, I only noticed it in the right hand so presumed it was linked to that. Then in the last day or two it seems to have moved to the left hand!! I've not had any problems with my feet, thankfully.

Last night it came on when I was driving the short distance from work to home.

I'll let you know what the doc says!

Thanks again

Karina

Hi Karina good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back