Question time

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile4loubie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone. Hope you haven't missed me too much 🙂
Got a question for you .
My blood level was 10.4 after shower 6.0 i know got showers affect levels so not too worried by this but I'm about to have a small bowl of cereal that i would normally take 3units of insulin for. Would you still take this ? I'm off to bed after cereal and don't want to go hypo during the night. What would you do ?

xxxxxxxxxx

If there is no explanation for your drop to 6.0 I would continue as normal......again im type 1......and I am asuming as a type 2 you still have some some sugar regulating ability left..........

if you didnt take insulin for treatment of type 2 would hypos still be a problem?

If 6 is too low for you - perhaps just take 2 units of insulin or take 3 and set the alarm for 3am to check yourself. The insulin peaks after about 2 hours - so you should have some idea whether your likely to go low depending on what level you are in 2 hours.🙂Bev

Hi hun sorry i cant help out as not on insulin, but its lovely to see you back posting have missed you , hope u had a good time in Bournemouth.

Are you not a type 1 loubie........sorry if you are, you aint been around for a while?

Are you not a type 1 loubie........sorry if you are, you aint been around for a while?

I am type 2 but been on insulin for the last 5 of the 6years I've been diabetic. On novarapid and levemir the whole time. 🙂 there was confusion until recently about what type i am but now been told I'm def type 2 just on insulin to control it completely. I get hypo's etc like type 1's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back