Question re: tubing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanmillmum

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Wonder if anyone has any idea or has done this ? My little one had somehow tied a knot in her tubing from putting her to bed to me testing before my bed - this is no easy task as Lenny lion on the end too :confused:

Anyway it stopped her basal getting through and we had a dodgy 16mmol reading. I changed the lot to err on side of caution but wondered if I could have got away with just swapping the tubing with a new one (taking off the new cannula and attaching new tubing to existing cannula in situ)

Any thoughts appreciated 🙂

Wonder if anyone has any idea or has done this ? My little one had somehow tied a knot in her tubing from putting her to bed to me testing before my bed - this is no easy task as Lenny lion on the end too :confused:

Anyway it stopped her basal getting through and we had a dodgy 16mmol reading. I changed the lot to err on side of caution but wondered if I could have got away with just swapping the tubing with a new one (taking off the new cannula and attaching new tubing to existing cannula in situ)

Any thoughts appreciated 🙂

Wow that is some feat, does she get a prize for that one lol? :D
There's no problem at all in just changing the tubing. Just remember to fill the tubing with insulin once it's connected. 🙂

Wow that is some feat, does she get a prize for that one lol? :D
There's no problem at all in just changing the tubing. Just remember to fill the tubing with insulin once it's connected. 🙂

...By which if course Sue means prime and fill the tubing (checking for bubbles) before connecting to the cannula. Don't just connect to the cannula and then fill the tubing or you might accidentally give a big ole (unknowable) bolus 😱

I've never managed to distort the tubing enough to interfere with insulin flow (yet!) My DSN said something about them being cleverly double layered to try to reduce the risk of kinks etc.

Last edited:
Lol Mike, sorry my bad. It was meant to mean and say once connected to the cartrdge not to the body/cannula 😱

Thanks for replies 🙂, good to know if any future "knotting" occurs. The fact the poor girl was wakened to change the cannula may well deter her - she was not too happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back